mt2000 help

Feb 19, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I am in need of some programming help for my MT2000. I recently got it off ebay and it is 100% functional. I have the latest CPS and ribless programming cable however when i go to read to codeplug it gives me 3 different error msgs. I have the right COM port and all that. Does anyone have any advice or is there anyone out there that would like to program it for me?

Feb 19, 2013
Charlotte, NC
super secret squirrel shit!! No as I was typing the post I couldn't remember the exact error msgs, but I am pulling up the CPS right now...

1. unsupported MTS2000 radio

2. Unable to unpack internal radio block

3. Pass II - unable to transfer block internal radio Block from CpDb to Db Unpack fail

I have the newest CPS for MTS2000 and MT2000s are supported from this version of CPS. I am wondering if I need a different cable(this is a KawaMall brand) or if I need the cable/RIB setup.

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
I assume you have MTS2000 R02.03.00 CPS for Windows? Runs in Windows XP? If so, that's the wrong version. That's for MTS only. MT2000s must be programmed with MTSX DOS RSS... R06.07.00 or maybe R06.08.00 was the last version.

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
specopsmedic719 said:
Ok I was told wrong then. Will the ribless cable work or do I need to buy the rib cable?

There is no factory RIBless cable for the Jedi line. You probably have a knockoff which has a mini-RIB built in... it should work. Or it may be a crap Kawamall knockoff and then your guess is as good as mine.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.