Multiple New Whelen Lights (With Videos)

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Whelen unveiled several new lights tonight like mirror side lights and rear inner and outter beam for intercptor utility's but, one big addition to the lights they offer is smoke lenses. This is a geat look for lights you install on undercover car.

Reactions: Doug and firedude

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Great pictures and a great night at CD, I really like the direction whelen is headed with it products.

Last edited by a moderator:

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
The "intersector" lights look interesting, is it a "v" head inside of the housing? via Whelen FB,

uploadfromtaptalk1408500068285.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'm surprised it took them this long to release an intersector copy, but it doesn't look like it gives the true (close to) 180 deg output that SOS' intersector has. Kinda looks like a small V-ed lighthead or linz6 wedged in an intersector housing.

Roof lightbar looks interesting, but the rear outer edges look like junk (I would've expected them to try to incorporate the lighteads into the frame, but the lightheads just look like they're nailed onto a generic bracket). On the other hand, I'm excited for the duo dash light

Reactions: Station 3

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
im pretty impressed by the duo and trio ions as well. 

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I have split feelings bout the smoked lenses...part of me is thinking that they'll cut down on intensity a bit (even tho they are still class 1 rated) and part of me wonders if it will possibly improve output of some colors during the daytime (ie blue) that benefit from colored lenses.

It's about time they released a multi color ion to compete with the multi-color impaxx, but I'm curious to see all those LEDs crammed into a small reflector/housing.

Still think that the outer edge looks ugly and stands out; I'd rather get one of the Lonestarpse versions b/c they don't show a big bulky frame behind the lightheads

PS I'm still waiting for them to release a new, brighter LAW than the vertex. I know they're a popular item, but they need to do something to compete with the 9 & 12 LED LAWs

Reactions: Doug

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
I'm guessing the point of the smoked lens is to make the light heads less visible when they're off. I wonder if there's any plan for smoked colored lenses.

All in all, well said, PDK9.

OTFD122

May 24, 2010
SE Michigan
ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_49890384_bde1_4cbe_9f77_74c352aabae4_zps370fabfb.jpg

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_lib_zps9055f4d5.jpg

IT9AAAAM MINI LIBERTY II MAG MT A/A/A/A $1,195.00 01-0687777-010 N

IT9AAAAP MINI LIBERTY II PERM MT AAAA $1,195.00 01-0687777-000 N

IT9AAAAV MINI LIBERTY II VAC MT A/A/A/A $1,295.00 01-0687777-020 N

GT9AAAAM MINI LEGACY MAG MT A/A/A/A $1,358.00 01-0687730-01A N

GT9AAAAP MINI LEGACY PERM MT A/A/A/A $1,358.00 01-0687730-00A N

GT9AAAAV MINI LEGACY VAC MT A/A/A/A $1,458.00 01-0687730-02A N

GT9BBBBP MINI LEGACY PERM MT B/B/B/B $1,358.00 01-0687730-03A N

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
The light output is less but thay are still bright.

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
OTFD122 - We have one of those Mini Legacy bars here already. Comparing it to any of the regular Mini bars is a joke, it's so much brighter.

We turned on all of the amber bars and beacons we have on a shelving unit, and put the Mini Legacy a few feet away. When you stand back you can barely see the entire shelving unit of lights since the Mini Legacy overpowers your vision.

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
OTFD122 - We have one of those Mini Legacy bars here already. Comparing it to any of the regular Mini bars is a joke, it's so much brighter.

We turned on all of the amber bars and beacons we have on a shelving unit, and put the Mini Legacy a few feet away. When you stand back you can barely see the entire shelving unit of lights since the Mini Legacy overpowers your vision.
Well where is the video to show us. Lol:)

Reactions: strobecrazy

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Really liking these new products from Whelen. That new rear inner edge looks sweet and the duo and trio are very interesting. I feel like they dropped the ball on the Outer Edge though, it looks like it was an after thought. The Tomar Spider is much more finished looking. 

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

The HPs here have the Legacy they are transitioning to. There's a couple cruising around. Comparing those to Liberties (what they used previously) and Arjent Solaris used on the adjoining city PD, all parked in a row on an incident.... Yeah, there is no comparison. Even during the day, the Legacy is INSANE!!!

OTFD122

May 24, 2010
SE Michigan

I would hope at that price that the mini Legacy is amazing! I wouldn't mind a Duo version...

Reactions: rescue567 and Doug

STOP

Apr 15, 2012
Indiana
I just saw the V series "intersector" style lights. They appear to have 180* output. This was just a demo set that was in the shop. In my opinion they are "stoopid" bright. I love Whelen's products! Smoke lenses look bad ass too!

According to one of the techs at the event at Churchill Downs the V series intersector offers 220 degrees of light output which is more than the SOS product.  He was very defensive about the situation and claimed that market tests were negative until they added the extra trim to make it look like the intersector.  They seemed less than excited to be copying the product.

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
All of the expected, good stuff from Whelen, but nothing that truly excites me. I've been impressed with Fed Sig's innovations with their lightbars and would love to see Whelen do something more exciting/interesting with their bars. They do great work and have top notch products, just would like to see something a bit more exciting out of them beside smoked lenses and a SOS copy. 

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
That's an insane price for a mini liberty! 

Eh, on an all black vehicle a PB is not a big deal. Just yesterday some idiot blew the doors off my sgt's black utility and when he pulled him over he said "oh I was just passing that other vehicle" not realizing that "other" vehicle was a police vehicle. 

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
dual avenger will be a must for me.... :salivate:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I am debating on waiting on the Ions and having the white as my reverse lights on the trailer.  I wonder if it would be bright enough?  Curious when we would be able to get them and what they will cost?

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
It will cost an arm and a leg!

I would suggest waiting and seeing what kind of light pattern the multicolor ions produce. The existing ions beam is very short, and narrow like the tir6 with fluted lens.

Depending on where you mount them, the multicolor nforce might be a better choice. It's beam pattern is very tall and wide like a flood beam with good center intensity.

arsenal10

Jun 9, 2010
California

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.