Multiple New Whelen Lights (With Videos)

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
I don't know if they are coming out with one, but I imagine they would.

Right now you know as much as I do about it.

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
Looks like you can have a total of four light heads front and back plus the side lights and an alley light on each side....would this bar be a wecan bar or no?

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Whelen is making the ion with smoked lenses.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I should have made my comment more clear. I know the Ion will come with a smoked lens.  I just meant I want to get some soon.  I just wish they would give some type of release date.

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
In the video Steward said that this is one fo the sizes and makes refference to maybe a little longer one. An ideas what size it may be. Maybe a 28 like the 9M's.......

Last edited by a moderator:

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Does anybody know if some of the Whelen Under-The-Mirror brackets will also fit on a crown vic.

The SOS' have a bracket for them but i would like to sync it with the other light.
Very easy to sync the intersectors... Just run everything off of a external flasher... Works like a charm.

Seth

Reactions: Doug

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I want to know when they plan to release an ION based warning bar/traffic advisor? And a WeCan version of said product!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
There is nothing official yet, but I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
The new Whelen LINSV2 V-Series 2-IN-1 Surface Mount Light

http://www.sirennet.com/whlinsv2.html

The Whelen LINSV2 V-Series Combination 180° Warning and Puddle Light is for Under Surface Mounting with Amber, Blue or Red Warning. The LINSV2 is an all new Super-LED LINV2 lighthead with under surface mounting capabilities for extra warning and illumination. Right angle bracket mounts lighthead beneath a side view mirror, push bumper or under any flat mounting surface. 

Feature:

• Includes surface mount Black glamor cap.
  • Warning segment has 25 Scan-Lock flash patterns.
  • Right angle bracket mounts lighthead under any flat mounting surface.
  • Sync wire allows synchronizing the warning mode for up to eight lightheads.
  • Not for use with Mirror Beam.
  • Six inch pigtail.
  • Amp Draw @ 12 VDC: Warning/.75A, Puddle/.12A
  • Size: 1-9/16" (40mm) H x 1-5/8" (42mm) D x 3-7/8" (98mm) L. 

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
Why is it not for use with the Mirror Beam platform? Additionally, why won't it sync with the Mirror Beam platform? Would it work to run the Mirror Beam and this product off a ULF44?

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Why is it not for use with the Mirror Beam platform? Additionally, why won't it sync with the Mirror Beam platform? Would it work to run the Mirror Beam and this product off a ULF44?
I believe you would have to modify the Mirrorbeam cowl to use them together. They would sync just fine with MB and any other lights that Whelen makes in the sync series. The LINV2 have been out for a while...this is just a bracket to mount under the mirror.

Reactions: Doug

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
And not the newest product, but I figured I'd keep this thread going with new videos.

The Whelen Delta Rota-Beam, Night Shot!

Reactions: RideRed1990

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
I'm loving the Trio Avenger and the avenger with TD

I'm guessing they will be worth an arm and a leg, like all the other Whelen Products... Yet, I'll still buy them,

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

OTFD122

May 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Yeah as usual probably end up being 400$ for a dash light... ;)
Trio Dual Avenger list price is $459... Take the standard 40-ish% off for retail and you get around $276

The Avenger with the takedowns list is $379... So retail is around $227 

Not too terrible, really.  All other prices are listed in Whelen's Price List Addendum 3 - also the functions of the Avengers are listed.  Looks like pattern is on the light, takedown overrides on the cigar plug.

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
Trio Dual Avenger list price is $459... Take the standard 40-ish% off for retail and you get around $276

The Avenger with the takedowns list is $379... So retail is around $227

Not too terrible, really. All other prices are listed in Whelen's Price List Addendum 3 - also the functions of the Avengers are listed. Looks like pattern is on the light, takedown overrides on the cigar plug.

Where is the price addendum? I couldn't find anything about the lights really

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Has anyone else roaming around on Facebook seen the video's of the New Whelen Tracer? Whelen's version of the SoundOff nLine and HG2's. Looks like Whelen took it one step further and made it in Duo and Trio versions. Saw it on Busch and Associates page.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Busch-and-Associates-LLC/297466247059684
As much as I want to point and laugh at yet another imitation product, I'm pleased that this version will most likely be made in the US. It's still probably going to suck for effectiveness though...

cse04

May 25, 2010
Cincinnati, Oh
As much as I want to point and laugh at yet another imitation product, I'm pleased that this version will most likely be made in the US. It's still probably going to suck for effectiveness though...
From FEVER's "IACP 2014" post,

"Whelen tracer does not have price yet. They will be sae class one rated unlike hg2 and SOS nline"

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I have put lights on the running board of my Explorer and there is another Explorer on my deot and they are effective.

I am curious to see more info on the Whelen version.  I wonder if they white can be used as a flood light?

Reactions: strobecrazy

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.