Musical/Possessed Dot Matrix Printer!

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada

If you can guess the song without searching, be one of the first three posters!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
at dooms gate.. yes i cheated.. what do i not win?

Reactions: WhelenNDealin
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Is this one of your videos? Reminds me of Floppotron (youtube search that). It might suck you in so be ready to waste your day on youtube, lol.

Btw, never really been into video games so I didnt recognize it. Reading the previous comment made me think of a cop in the movie Wild Hogs, " Man, that was like Level 12 of Doom." Love that movie.

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
at dooms gate.. yes i cheated.. what do i not win?

Jarred! Of all people, I'd expect you and maybe three others on the boards to know this one cold. I mean jeez man, you picked up on the tiniest, most obscure Robocop references ever posted here and matched them with even more obscure references during the bidding war for Jazz's name. I'm disappointed, man.

I dunno if it has an official name, but it's the first song from the original Doom. I can't even fathom how many hours we spent on that game as kids.

You're preaching to the choir. DOOM, DOOM 2, Blake Stone, Heretic, Hexen, Duke 3D, Redneck Rampage and endless others were staples for my childhood friends and I. Unlike nowadays, we'd play for a few hours and then get our toy guns (and plenty of them), go outside and use our imaginations to fight zombies, demons, aliens and everything else. Forests and fields were great for this. But nowadays the forests and fields have been replaced by McMansions, toy guns are a bad thing and going outside and using your imagination are relics.

Is this one of your videos? Reminds me of Floppotron (youtube search that). It might suck you in so be ready to waste your day on youtube, lol.

Btw, never really been into video games so I didnt recognize it. Reading the previous comment made me think of a cop in the movie Wild Hogs, " Man, that was like Level 12 of Doom." Love that movie.

Not one of my videos, but the poster who makes them gets this printer to play everything under the sun. Will definitely look up Floppotron! Need some more ways to waste time lol!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
You don't get the nick name of RoboCop if you don't know RoboCop.. and video games? Not really my thing lol last thing I played years ago was command and conquer

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
You don't get the nick name of RoboCop if you don't know RoboCop.. and video games? Not really my thing lol last thing I played years ago was command and conquer

If you full-out cheated, you'd also have added E1M1: Hangar somewhere.

Ah Command and Conquer! Now we're talking! Unit ready... Building... Unable to comply building in progress! Unit reporting... And endless other ones. The soundtrack was just killer too! When Act on Instinct played at the start of a mission, it got you pumped.

Most recent one that I played was Red Alert 2. At least it let you queue building a few units at once.

Reinforcements have arrived! Gotta post this quickly... Doorbell just rang. Must be the champagne.

This one's for you, Jarred! It's your cheater's prize. Songs from a totally unrelated game!

To all other winners, I hate to repost something, but it's a great prize for any DOOM enthusiast:

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
Still one of my favorite C&C OST tracks.

I had completely forgotten about C&C. I played that, Starcraft, and Warcraft back in the day, too. Of course, now they won't bring back Warcraft, even though you can play Starcraft for free over at Blizzard. Can't forget about the First couple Diablo games either.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ah yes, Hell March! One of the best OST tracks in the entire C&C franchise. Set the tone perfectly for the Red Alert series. Played Warcraft 2 as well as StarCraft, but always preferred the C&C games. Both RTS, but very, very different strategies were required in the Westwood and Blizzard games. Dune 2 is what got me into RTS games, although I still preferred (and still do) turn-based strategy. I still play the original UFO: Enemy Unknown/X-COM: UFO Defence to this day. The remakes were good, but oversimplified, IMO. Saw some post on some board I'm not a member of who was a pro at the remakes (or claimed to be) play the original and get his a$$ handed to him. Said that it was an unfair game lol. That's nothing! Try playing TFTD if you want a tough game!

Never really got into Diablo. Had some buddies who played the first two for ages. Not the types of guys you'd expect to be playing it, either. They loved those games. For me, the appeal was more in FPS and turn-based strategy. I'm talking single player FPS; back when they had decent stories. The Fallout series has always been top-notch and a blast to play. Haven't played Fallout 4 yet. I'd love to get into the FarCry series too. My big issue with PC gaming nowadays is that it seems like you need a top-end gaming computer just to play any new game. No thanks, I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. Games have gone from appealing to all sorts of people to catering exclusively to gamers.

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
I can't say I blame you. I've never had a top of the line pc, but you could always play games, they weren't super high-end graphics from the 4th dimension. PC gaming is not really a hobby anymore, as most of it is geared towards those who stream it and make money from it. Consoles are too, to a degree, but at least with those I only have to decide which controller I like more.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.