Mx7000 arrow-stik troubles

LoneDrone

Jan 11, 2016
New York
Please and thank you in advance. So I've been building up and mx7000 for a month or so now (I haven't been posting here in a while ) So basically the long and short of it is, is I have a light out on my arrowstik. Now I know before you say change the bulb, let me explain. When we had the bar completely torn apart, everything worked. Now that we are hours from the install, the second in from the right, (if you're looking from the rear) doesn't work now. When it is out of where it's screwee in, it works, is super bright and the end one does not work. Vise versa when it's installed, the outside one works fine but this doesnt. There is a steady burn led on the controller in the same position as that light. Is it something I'm missing, or is there something bigger I'm not noticing. Pictures to come if you can't tell what I'm talking about.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I'd you are completing the circuit with this housing somewhere. See where the housing is touching the frame or other part it isn't supposed to.

LoneDrone

Jan 11, 2016
New York
I'd you are completing the circuit with this housing somewhere. See where the housing is touching the frame or other part it isn't supposed to.
So I doesn't look like there's nothing foreign near it. When suspended from air/when the module faces straight up into your eyes, it works on left arrow. Center out and right arrow it again kills the outside module, and becomes brighter, like it's taking its power.

wx8sky

May 21, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
I agree with john, there is a short somewhere. If I am not mistaken, weren't those arrowstik systems positive ground and had to be isolated from any part of the frame?

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
I've actually built these into bars that didn't have them before, so if you could post up a couple pictures of how it looks as is, I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can pick anything out.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
I agree with john, there is a short somewhere. If I am not mistaken, weren't those arrowstik systems positive ground and had to be isolated from any part of the frame?
Yes, that's right. I used 8 flasher modules and nylon washers when I built my old MX. Of course I also went real nuts and converted it to a strobe model using the guts from an old edge bar, too.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Correct, most of the Code 3 controllers were negatively switched. So yes you had to have the lamp(s) isolated. There is a version of the controller that positively switched, but I'm not sure of the model number.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Crazy thought I had, have you tried testing a different wiring harness on the off chance that there might be some broken or degraded strands in there?

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.