MX7000 missing parts. need help.

Skidmark

Apr 1, 2020
Illinois
hello guys. im new to the whole lightbar biz but i just obtained a Codse 3 mx7000. i had done some tesing and was able to activate the top driver/passenger rotators(Red wires), the center rotators(Blue wires), and the intersection rotators(white wires). these were easy by crossing 12v from ground to the respective wire. now the bar is equipped with 2 sets of strobe tubes located in the ends. ( believe that is the proper names) when they wouldn't turn on i opened it up to find the thing only had the wiring harness to the running rotators. the tubes were just sitting there disconnected. from what i could find im missing a strobe powersupply to run these, from what i can gather the outputs go the the strobes. ground to ground and positive to battery positive obviously. but then theres this 3 wire control plug that i have no idea where it goes to. i cant find any helpful documentation that tells me what i need to geth this bar fully functional again. any help would be greatly appreciated

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
You would need a Code 3 MX7000 MX4HD Strobe Power Supply

PN: S80305

like the one shown

Attachments

• B36F6C2A-55FE-44A0-B786-A1C84E6697AF.jpeg
    B36F6C2A-55FE-44A0-B786-A1C84E6697AF.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 22

Skidmark

Apr 1, 2020
Illinois
Okay. Is there anything ide need on top of the powersupply? From the manual i was reading it showed a 3 pin control plug on top of a + and - connection. Couldn’t find any sort of wiring guide out there to make sense of it.

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
i didnt scroll through all the pages, but perhaps this manual might help

Skidmark

Apr 1, 2020
Illinois
Yeah thats the one i looked at. It shows the power supply on pg 18, showing the “control harness”, but couldnt find anything as to where it all goes

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
Ive sent some PMs to members I know that have working knowledge about the strobe versions, I myself have never had/used the strobe versions. Hopefully one of them can chime in and help

Skidmark

Apr 1, 2020
Illinois
Turned out while i was tearing it down to clean that these tubes are not stock code 3 strobe tubes. Im removing them from the bar until i figure out what to do.

Reactions: Dave F

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
Are your strobe tubes have the rubber ends that pop into the reflectors and have a red wire coming out of one end and the black & white wire out of the other end?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.