MX7000 Mounting of 3M/GTT Opticom Model 792 Emitter

mls60442

Jul 18, 2010
IL
Does anyone have photos or a diagram for mounting a Model 792 Opticom in the center position of an MX7000? I'm looking to set up an MX7000 close to DuPage County, IL Sheriff specs. I can't find anything on the mounting. It appears they use the simple mounting bracket that I believe comes with the emitter. I don't need anything on the wiring as the emitter will be non-functioning.

I could probably figure it out on my own but I have two different inner mounting tray styles in some of my MXs and I'm trying to figure out which style would fit my needs better to convert.

dupage.jpg 792-emitter.jpg

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
Those DuPage MX bars came with an Ocilaser in the center before they pulled them for the Pre-Empt light. Maybe a plate was there they mounted to.

mls60442

Jul 18, 2010
IL
Those DuPage MX bars came with an Ocilaser in the center before they pulled them for the Pre-Empt light. Maybe a plate was there they mounted to.

Yeah, I've got an Oscilaser I could put in there too. I might just end up going with that since I don't have the mounting bracket for the emitter yet. I wonder if they did have a plate in there. One of my MXs has mounting trays with the depression in the center of it while the other has flat mounting trays.

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
I saw you post. Not sure what if you already got this handled, but we used to make our own plate out of aluminum you can get pieces at any hardware store then mount it onto the rotator base.

Reactions: mls60442

mls60442

Jul 18, 2010
IL
I saw you post. Not sure what if you already got this handled, but we used to make our own plate out of aluminum you can get pieces at any hardware store then mount it onto the rotator base.
Thanks for the info. I figured that is what I was going to end up doing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.