MX7000 Sweep light question

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
The other day I noticed that the passenger sweep light on our 2003 ambulance was out. It is was sweeping just not on, so I changed the bulb on it. Turned it on bulb worked, turn it off then turned it on agian bulb was out. I thought maybe a bad bulb so I tried the alley light bulb because I knew it worked. Put it in, turned it on it worked, turned it off, does not work. What do you guys think could be the problem? Bad connection with the bulb?. It still sweeps. IDK if this means anything but the rotator over the sweep light stopped rotating (adjusted it so now there is a steady red to the front. yea cali woo hoo).

I 26

Sep 9, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
You're getting power to the unit because it still sweeps. I know when I've had this problem it was usually a bulb contact issue. Soldering a little bead of lead on the tip of the bulb's metal contact usually did the trick for me.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
The MX I just rebuilt had the same problem. The little piece that's supposed to contact the back of the bulb was loose and not making a good connection. Luckily, I had a parts bar laying right next to it and just switched out the whole thing.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
LightBarsForSale.com said:
you will also find a connection issue on the top of the assembly - where the brass bushing is held on by a toothed pressure washer

I have fixed both the top pivot connection and the back of bulb contact issue before. The bulb issue can be fixed with needle nosed pliers. The top pivot connection can be fixed by adding a washer or two and cleaning the assembly or bending the external part of the contact tighter.

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
Thanks for the help Ill have to take a look at it and try to fix it on Friday when I have the whole day to mess with it

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.