mx7k split color

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
I wonder if that's custom. The clips that hold them down are not in the middle where the split is. One could also get a similar effect by using a clear dome with rotator mounted filters. The splits that are really useful, IMHO, is a front to back split. That lets utility vehicles put more authoritative colors to the rear without having them on the front. Example, a construction vehicle could split red/blue to the rear and amber to the front. Then people get scared into slowing down, thinking there is a cop, yet that vehicle can't bust through traffic like one.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Ummm....I don't think that's a bona fide MX7K. Look closely at the rotators in the original pic. The outside edges are rounded, have no filter mount, and no upper plate to keep the light from the halogen bulb more contained.
aup.autotitre.com_3d88626058.jpg

The real MX7K rotators are straight edge, have the filter mounts, and have that upper plate.
ai.ebayimg.com_images_g_d_MAAOSw_KFXfZUn_s_l1600.jpg

The new free-form rotators are easy to spot as well
ai.ebayimg.com_images_g_Z8cAAOSwnNBXaEkk_s_l1600.jpg

Well-done knock-off to say the least. I bet those lenses may fit the real deal.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
I agree. I know Code3 has a EU factory but I'm leaning w/ C/V97. Unless they use their own rotators in their factory over there... Definitely a French setup, nonetheless... they probably have their own plastics supplier as well. I'm sure it doesn't pay to ship plastic across the pond... Those mounts look a bit "Asian market" as well...

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
no question its euro look at the cars. but it sparked the idea of the job. now to sorce some plastic track to fit the edge. too the lab...

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
if i see right the rotators are not mx7000 basic style but from premier hazzard
company which are new model of free form rotators likewise with plastic parabolic reflector like on code3 new free forms.
they are very bright too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.