My 01 Ford Ranger, need ideas to update it

steve a

May 23, 2010
Jenkins,Missouri
Heres my 2001 Ranger from the old board.....

up top Whelen mini edge 6 strobe with alleys and rear flashers

up front Whelen R/B talon on dash

Whelen HLF

Able 2 led by the inch R/B in the grill and side warning on the bull bar

Rear 2 whelen B/a talons in rear window

hideaways in tails and brakelights

Side , talon in each rear side window red drivers side blue pass.

sirens Whelen 12m dying cow with a foot pedal,speaker on the bull bar

Able two remote 4 tone 100 watt,speaker up behind grill

one day wannd put two whelen speakers behind the grill somewhere

inside p][/img

thanx for all your comments

my mint condition mazda 626 is next

steve a

May 23, 2010
Jenkins,Missouri
Nope im in Mo. once u reach Chief rank u can run reds,otherwise its only blue,clear and amber....and you have to run a siren, .....povs here are treated like emergency vehicles..its not just a courtesy light stuff. :D

steve

steve a

May 23, 2010
Jenkins,Missouri
OK guys this set up is getting a little old and im looking for some ideas.

thinking bout going slick top but need some heafty rear warning,

the truck goes to alot of scenes since i made ASS Chief ooops Asst chief

Depending who in my dept u ask lololol

thanx again

steve

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
This is what I would do:

Sell the lightbar and the blue/amber talons in the rear window. Linear lights are not that effective through thinted windows, IMO.

Add:

A headache rack

(2) 6 Head Axixtech Commanders (1 forward/1 rear mounted on headache rack)

(2-4) Rect 14's in the grill

(2) Soundoff Ghosts (1 per side surface mounted between bumper and 1/4 panel for intersection coverage)

(2) Soundoff Undercovers (Under side mirrors for intersection/side coverage)

So, your new front set up would be:

(1) Dual Talon mounted above rear view mirror

(2) Single Talons mounted lower outside corners of dash board

(1) 6 Head Axixtech Commander (1 forward mounted on headache rack)

(2-4) Rect 14's in the grill

(2) Soundoff Ghosts (1 per side surface mounted between bumper and 1/4 panel for intersection coverage)

(2) Soundoff Undercovers (Under side mirrors for intersection/side coverage)

Rear:

(1) 6 Head Axixtech Commander( Mounted on headache rack)

(4) Haw Strobes in tailights

Sho Me lights by the inch relocated from grille to between the tailgate and bumper

steve a

May 23, 2010
Jenkins,Missouri
Went to able 2/show me factory today,which is in my fire district,and was looking at a fullsize led bar,

Did same at the Whelen Dist in Springfield and kinda know the direction in going in

Full size R/B led bar which one havent made up my mind yet......

steve a

May 23, 2010
Jenkins,Missouri
As for the console im trying to find a Havis that will fit....just have a switch box in there now,adding a mobile radio and scanner so need the console.

but having trouble finding one that will fit

steve

steve a

May 23, 2010
Jenkins,Missouri
Decided to keep the mini 9m for now, was working a mva and a car blew past one of our stop signs and almost hit a engine and my truck,while i responded pov to help out,

and i didnt have any lights up top,and facin rear was just hideaways and talons in rear window,as a positive got my console all set up.....

pics to follow

mfpd465

Jul 18, 2010
Cartersville, GA
maybe the areas are dif but i know where im at in the lake area we are allowed to run red/blue to the rear even if were not officers, its jus has to be blue blue the rest of the way around

Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
steve a said:
As for the console im trying to find a Havis that will fit....just have a switch box in there now,adding a mobile radio and scanner so need the console.
but having trouble finding one that will fit

steve

I had a similiar problem with my truck. The main problem was mostly due to the fact that it's a standard and had a 60/40 bench seat. I ended up customizing the seat so as to make a space between the seats. Now i have two assembled havis consoles put in there.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
steve a said:
Nope im in Mo. once u reach Chief rank u can run reds,otherwise its only blue,clear and amber....and you have to run a siren, .....povs here are treated like emergency vehicles..its not just a courtesy light stuff. :D

steve

That's why I love Misery! I can only run Blue. BUT! R/B in the rear! I don't know if it's just my FD or every one in Mo. :sadcry:

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Here in Phelps county it's red/blue all around. I work in Texas county, and I've seen a few volunteers there. I only seen one that was red/blue all around, one was a slicktop with a dual strobe in blue on the dash - don't know about the back, the other one had a pair of blue mini LPs.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
Newberry13 said:
Here in Phelps county it's red/blue all around. I work in Texas county, and I've seen a few volunteers there. I only seen one that was red/blue all around, one was a slicktop with a dual strobe in blue on the dash - don't know about the back, the other one had a pair of blue mini LPs.

yeah no one here cares about lighting on there povs, they only use a nameless dash light and siren.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.