My 2002 Ford Explorer - Updated 11/7

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Old setup Archived Thread - http://www.freeyabb.com/elightbars/view ... elightbars

UPDATED 11/7/2010

Finally got my interior setup the way I like it. Pics to come soon, but the video is up. All lights except visor are synched with two Whelen ULF44 flashers. I plan on replacing the Star DLXT's soon, but otherwise I'm happy with everything else!

2002 Ford Explorer

Front:

Axixtech SV56 - R/R with Takedowns

Nova Strobe Preemption

GoRhino Pushbumper

(2) Whelen 400 Series LIN 12

(2) Whelen SA314P Speakers

(2) Whelen 500 LIN6 Mirrorbeams

SoundOff Roadrunner Headlight Flasher

Side:

(2) LEDGuy LIN4s on sides of pushbumper

(2) Star/SVP DLXT

(2) ELS Custom Lightbars

Rear:

(2) ELS Custom Lightbars

(2) Whelen Vertex - Red, in reverse lights

Whelen TIR6 Traffic Advisor

Inside:

Jottodesk Console

Federal Signal SS2000SM w/Mic

Star SS651 Siren (Wail connected to Button 11 on SS)

Jottodesk LED light

Opensky Portable

Video:

NEW - ai942.photobucket.com_albums_ad267_mwinslowpa_th_Explorer2.jpg

OLD Front Inside -

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
Is that a Gold Edition Map Light? ;-)

Should be a sweet ride! Make sure to get explorer brackets for that stealth visor, those "universal" ones blow.

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
The black came off the map light knob within months. The odd part is, I never use it!!

I have the SV in, but nothing else done yet. I ended up using one of the universals, and one of my own. It fits well now...so no big complaints!

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
RuralFireMedic said:
Nice looking ride! That's an awesome setup you already have, but you must be like me, my lighting setup is an ever evolving creature.
Yeah I'm hoping this will be the last change...but most likely not!! ;)

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
very nice fp13. i like the center console, very clean and simple. id like ot see a night vid though see what it looks like at night. other than that nice setup.

Mr911

Jun 2, 2010
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Great setup! Very clean! Please keep us posted on the changes. I for one, am very interested in seeing the visor light and how that works out for you both on the install side and how the lighting works for you through the tinted windshield. I have the same type explorer and like you am currently changing over lighting.

PS - what did you do with the blue lights from your first setup?

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Mr911 said:
Great setup! Very clean! Please keep us posted on the changes. I for one, am very interested in seeing the visor light and how that works out for you both on the install side and how the lighting works for you through the tinted windshield. I have the same type explorer and like you am currently changing over lighting.

PS - what did you do with the blue lights from your first setup?
I don't have the tint on my new windshield. A lovely rock hit it a month ago and I had to have it replaced, so I asked them for the non-tinted version, knowing I was going to get the SV.

Blue lights have been gone for years...haha.

Mr911

Jun 2, 2010
Northeastern Pennsylvania
smart thinking on your part...I have the factory tinted stripe on mine and wanted to see a setup similar to what I had in mind first...It was worth a try

I figured the blues were gone but I had to ask...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.