My 2005 Impala POV

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
Used for Fire/EMS response primarily to the station and occasionally to the scene of EMS calls. All Whelen equipment. I have been wanting a new car for awhile now, but I can't find a reason to get rid of this since it runs great. These pics were taken several months ago; all is the same except its a little dirtier at the moment and it no longer has the spotlight.

Front:

-Whelen Avenger R/W

-Whelen Dominator RWRW

-Whelen Linear Mirrorbeams RR

-Factory HLF

Side:

-Whelen Dominator RW x1 on each side

Rear:

-Custom rear bar made with 3 Whelen Talons. Set up RRAARR

-Factory TLF

Siren:

-Whelen 295SLSA6 siren/light controller

-(2) 100w Whelen SA315 siren speakers

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_Impala_20POV_DSCF0001_1.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_Impala_20POV_DSCF0005_1.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_Impala_20POV_DSCF0006_1.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_Impala_20POV_DSCF0007.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_Impala_20POV_DSCF0008_1.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_Impala_20POV_DSCF0009_1.jpg

Videos:

Day-

Last edited by a moderator:

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
GranPrix said:
Very clean, nice! I like it. And what HLF is that? It's really loud.

Thanks. The HLF is whatever was in the car when I bought it. It's a former marked squad, so whichever HLF that came with the 9C1 package. I just hooked up the pink wire under the passenger side carpet to power and it works. It's loud, but free and already installed! :cool: (wish it flashed slower)

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Very nice install. I would get rid of the Whelen Avenger and get a Tomar 200s windshield mount. You have way too much flashback with the avenger. Why did you take out the spotlight?

May 21, 2010
Delafield, WI
VolEms said:
Very nice install. I would get rid of the Whelen Avenger and get a Tomar 200s windshield mount. You have way too much flashback with the avenger. Why did you take out the spotlight?

A simple head liner bracket could fix that problem... a lot less expensive as-well. Always like your install!

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
Mr911 said:
Very nice! Very sleek and clean! Good job! Did you do the work yourself?

Anything that required skill/knowledge was done by a friend of mine :D

I did run some wires and was the official flashlight holder :cool:

Spotlight was getting weathered and served me no purpose other than somewhere to hang my sunglasses. Working on effectively plugging the leftover holes now.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
You know, I don't think I've commented on an install before, but I really dig this! It's simple, yet covers all the angles. I really like your solution for the back too!

JJ7850

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
The ultralite bar is crazy bright, but i liked the talons setup too. Either way its a great setup. And the HLF in our ambulances are that loud too, its annoying sometimes but traffic moves for it.

I'mabeast

Apr 5, 2011
Massillon, Ohio
I have a 2010 chevy impala, almost like a fire truck red. However I would like to get side mirrors lights like the ones in the photo up above..........so where can I go to get them?? please if anyone knows tell me. Thanks

JJ7850

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
ISU_Cyclone said:
Thinking about adding some Mini3's on a rear LP bracket....too much?

It depends on how you respond with it. If you respond with the TA off then I think the Mini3's would be a good idea. On the other hand if you respond with the TA on then I think the Mini3's wouldnt be necessary. Just my opinion though.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
JJ7850 said:
It depends on how you respond with it. If you respond with the TA off then I think the Mini3's would be a good idea. On the other hand if you respond with the TA on then I think the Mini3's wouldnt be necessary. Just my opinion though.

People don't understand TA's as it is. Driving with it on would probably just translate to "Exit highway now" and put someone into a tree.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
DaveCN5 said:
People don't understand TA's as it is. Driving with it on would probably just translate to "Exit highway now" and put someone into a tree.

I finally just figured out tonight how to make the entire bar flash in warning patterns. I never really need TA functions, so I think I'll stick with using the entire bar in warning patterns.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
ISU_Cyclone said:
I finally just figured out tonight how to make the entire bar flash in warning patterns. I never really need TA functions, so I think I'll stick with using the entire bar in warning patterns.

Yup, those bars are awesome. Full warning, flashing ends only, and warning patterns.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Looks really good. I like the Whelen Mirror Beams over the SOS intersectors. I like the white ones. I saw it in the Whelen catalog never on a POV.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.