My 2010 F-150 4x4 Patrol Truck

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
This patrol truck was a slick top unmarked unit before I got it had no cage no roof top lightbar just interior lights. I had a legacy installed and a cage and had the interior rear bar removed out of fear of a prisoner using it as a weapon and had no real other option but maybe the tool box but it would hit the rear window when lifted. I decided to install it on the rear tailgate never seen it before and I think it came out pretty good and give off a huge amount of light. What do you guys think.

Also for the whelen fan boys try to spot all the burned out whelen lightheads..... I will give you a hint its around 9 light heads..

Reactions: dmathieu

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
Interesting spot for the dominator but looks like it works. You run sapphire or carbide? You like the truck over a tahoe or PIU?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Interesting spot for the dominator but looks like it works. You run sapphire or carbide? You like the truck over a tahoe or PIU?

I run a hand held whelen siren. Not my choice but it will change soon to maybe a cencom gold or something old with more buttons.

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
i like that location never seen it done before, seems to be a good fit. is it wired completely into the tailgate so it can be operated normally?

TJW

May 20, 2010
MB, Canada
Going left to right are modules 2,3,4,5,6, split in the dominator or are they partially burnt out? Could very well be my decreasing vision or the video capture but it appears that 5 of them ( three red, two blue) are decreased.

Truck looks good by the way.

Reactions: Station 3

#1texan

Apr 17, 2016
Texas
Going left to right are modules 2,3,4,5,6, split in the dominator or are they partially burnt out? Could very well be my decreasing vision or the video capture but it appears that 5 of them ( three red, two blue) are decreased.

Also one on the passenger side running board (I believe the middle red one)

kitsune86

Jul 12, 2013
Texas
As a Whelen FanBoy(tm), LINZ6's are the WORST for half-burning out.

I managed to get my shop to switch away from LINZ6's to Ions about a year ago and have not had any problems like the LINZ6's did.

Good lucking truck, interesting idea with the Dominator on the tailgate like that.

Reactions: Station 3

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
A

About 5 heads in the dominator are burnt out half way also one vertex hide away in the tail lamp is burnt half way 2 side lin6 running board lights are also burnt and a few in the front interior bar turn on and off when they want to..

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Just curious, if you are off duty from the Constable's dept, can you respond to a fire call in that truck?

Reactions: Doyle257

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.