My 2010 Ford Expedition

Dec 10, 2011
North East USA
I know that this was an old thread, but I have a few questions as I'm am currently looking into a 2010 or 2011 Expedition. I was curious about the consul. I'm trying to get an idea of the placement of the unit. It seems that you would need to almost look down and to the side to view your radios and accessories. Do you have any issues with this? I understand that due to the floor shifter the consul is configured differently than most. Do you have any more pics showing the consul in a bit more detail?

Great install btw.

I also with the Excursion was still in production.

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
i have an 07 with the same style console. you do have to look to the side to see them ut its not too bad. you have to take the padded top and the inner section of the console out to put one of these in. depending on what you put in for radios/panels you could just slide the radios forward to make it easier for you. i havent had an issue with mine

Dec 10, 2011
North East USA
dcarrfire45 said:
i have an 07 with the same style console. you do have to look to the side to see them ut its not too bad. you have to take the padded top and the inner section of the console out to put one of these in. depending on what you put in for radios/panels you could just slide the radios forward to make it easier for you. i havent had an issue with mine

I gotcha. The more I think about it I'm not that concerned with the looking down and over part as much as I am concerned with having an armrest.

V

VTfireftr

As per console questions, go to Havis - Laptop and Vehicle Mounting, K9 and Prisoner Transport and follow the links to the console made for the Expedition.

I was fortunate to find a used console. Get the arm rest that bolts to the side of the console, since the factory padded console cover is about 4 inches higher than the top of the Havis console.

Took me about 1 hour to remove the factory console and install the Havis unit. That did not include any wiring.

marc

nrifirephotos

May 18, 2011
Rhode Island [RI]
237 said:
I know that this was an old thread, but I have a few questions as I'm am currently looking into a 2010 or 2011 Expedition. I was curious about the consul. I'm trying to get an idea of the placement of the unit. It seems that you would need to almost look down and to the side to view your radios and accessories. Do you have any issues with this? I understand that due to the floor shifter the consul is configured differently than most. Do you have any more pics showing the consul in a bit more detail?

Great install btw.

I also with the Excursion was still in production.

Yeah, you do have to look to the side or behind you at times. It is a pia! I have some pics other than posted. I'll get them up soon. I also recently added a Havis side armrest which was a great improvement for comfort. I was looking at the Tahoe or Suburban but I do not like the woodgrain that comes stock in the interior...Plus I've been a Ford guy for a while.

Thanks all!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KI_CopCar

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.