My 2013 Dodge Charger

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I LOVE this install; the stealth black is sexy, and it has lighting in all the right areas. I'm not a fan of the vertically-mounted linz6's on the sides of the PB, and I've always wanted to go to setina and smack the idiot that decided that's how they were gonna mount them lol.
Is this how it was spec-ed by the dept, or did you add a lot on yourself?

dcfrmp255

Nov 26, 2010
South Georgia
I added the LINZ6's (yeah I know they should've been mounted horizontally, but I would've had to drill another hole, so I took the easy way out), the Dominator in the front, the Avenger on the dash, the Strobes N More E66 on the back deck and the Soundoff Nline lights on the sides. All the other lights were already on it when I got it.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I added the LINZ6's (yeah I know they should've been mounted horizontally, but I would've had to drill another hole, so I took the easy way out), the Dominator in the front, the Avenger on the dash, the Strobes N More E66 on the back deck and the Soundoff Nline lights on the sides. All the other lights were already on it when I got it.
Looks great. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the flash pattern on the E66 (I'd rather have 1 flash pattern, preferably slow, rather than alternating between several different patterns as it currently stands)

street_cop08

Jun 8, 2017
Austin
I have a pair of the NLine Runners R/B/R/B 60" if anyone interested. Paid $750 less than a year ago. Selling for $650. Has 5 year warranty.....LMK

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
Sometimes more isn't better...it's just more.

I like emergency lighting more than the next guy does, but I think it's overkill.

Couldn't agree more. I could do without the "ground lighting" on the sides and the bar on the bottom of the push bar. Less IS more.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I think when an agency usually just runs one color "blue" I think you should just flash ALL the lights on and off together at the same time since its the same color. I think that when someone runs one color only and you split it up like that it just looks like a blob from far away and you don't really get a large foot print... but that's just me. If you have red blue white whatever mix then yes I agree with splitting up flash patterns but one single color then just flash it all on and off together I think you would get a better light output in my opinion.

But it does look cool during the day like that how you have it.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
The importance of an effective warning light is the balance between on and off time.
When there are to many lights flashing in their own flash pattern they will take out each other and you have only a blurr of colored light.
You also lose the way of being able to determine the distance to the emergency vehicle.
Simultanious flashing is the best way to do that but have not the same warning effect as alternating lights.

A LED light do not need to have multiple flash as the strobe light did but it gives a good flashing effect when used sparingly.

In this case I should say lose the multiple flash on the running board lights, let them flash all together in only blue, or better, remove them.
As it is now it look like a show room car and not a serious police vehicle.

Make the front low bar flash slowly all together and you will have a better warning effect.

This is my opinion and it is your car so you do whatever you want but the lights are there to give a good warning to other traffic, not looking cool.

Michael

Last edited:

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Ditto. Now don't get me wrong, I love the Charger, you've done a great job on it. But a side to side flash pattern is in my opinion much more effective vs a random flash and all flash blob of light. I can pass a emergency vehicle more safely at night if I am not being blinded by a big blob of color with multiple lights going on at the same time.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
It's a little bit busy for my taste. I think the front light stick and rear LP lights can go. Then I would set the dash light to steady burn and then sell or trade the rear interior bar for one that's all amber. I would flash it solid, all eight heads on a slow single flash for warning then have it do traffic advisor patterns.

Florida Highway Patrol has the rear amber bar flash solidly and it is very effective.

Reactions: Station 3

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.