My 24 Volt Beacon Ray.

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
I forget who I bought it from. But it was from a Board Member. (My apologies)

And when I got it, it had a cracked dome and was primer.

I then stripped that base and found Red paint. Then went heavy duty and

stripped it with Aircraft Coating remover, and it was OD Green.

I got a new Dome for it. And it got pushed to the wayside.

Well I decided to finish it. I couldn't find a cheap local place to rechrome it.

So I had our Painter at work paint it. I was going to do MSP blue. (Mich state PD)

But we were out of that. So I asked about red. Out of that as well.

But we did have White, and that's what I went with.

I can't find my before pic's. (my 2nd project LFL is in the background in case if you are wondering)

All I really need is a tag. Anyone have a displayable 24 volt tag for sale?

ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd151_EL1998P71_Lightbars_118057.jpg

ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd151_EL1998P71_Lightbars_118059.jpg

GSPD

May 21, 2010
NY
Interesting color combination and different. With a nice tag on there it'll look neat!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I apologize if this off topic a little, Eric, but that looks like the Beacon Ray that I had for sale last year on the old board for a volunteer FD :!:

Was it this one here, Eric?

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_Aquired_20Lighting_20Items_PickCityLightsnSirens014.jpg

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_Aquired_20Lighting_20Items_PickCityLightsnSirens016.jpg

I remember Ryan got the beacon and you may have gotten it from him after he cleaned it up and whatnot.

If it is the same one, I never knew it was 24 volts! It looks really great now :D ! Good work :cool: .

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
CrownVic97 said:
If it is the same one, I never knew it was 24 volts! It looks really great now :D ! Good work :cool: .

The motor is stamped in Yellow 24 VOLTS. I thought I had a bad beacon when I fired it up on 12 volts, Very bright, but very slow.

The lens had a lump in it and was split from top to one side, The rubber gaskets have red paint on them and look to have been stripped.

I'll have to dig up the photo's I have of it from when I got it.

I also need to find 24 volt signal bulbs. Anyone know the GE number or Wagner number?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
EL1998P71 said:
The lens had a lump in it and was split from top to one side...

That'd be the one I sold ;) . Looks 100x better than it did when I got it. Motorolamaniac is right, once you find a tag for it, that'll stand out super.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I can make you a 24volt tag for this. Let me know, or buy 1 of my tags on ebay.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.