My crown vic was stolen

May 20, 2010
Mission, Texas RGV
Yes my crown vic p71 was stolen this morning from my apt. i reported it stolen around 9am and at around 1145 am we got dispatched to a car fire and just my luck it was my car this car had 2 shome lx4 red-blue in the grill,headlightflasher,strobes in the turn signals,whelen inner edge 12 module red/blue,it had a talon third brake light setup red/blue,whelen cencom gold, whelen 295sl100,radio schack pro scanner,macom orion vhf radio,chargeguard,vertex in the reverse , also in the trunk was a blackhawk stomp 2 medical bag. It looks like all the items were removed befor it was burned up.

Before

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_th_IMG_5606.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_th_IMG_5600.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_th_IMG_5599.jpg

After

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_th_f9adf9ec.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_th_3d57069e.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_th_b629b7ab.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_th_f7ecb539.jpg

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
That blows...but...

DB probably thought they were stealing an LEO car.

Yet ANOTHER reason NOT to drive a CVPI POV w/ emerg equipment.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
rwo978 said:
That blows...but...

DB probably thought they were stealing an LEO car.

Yet ANOTHER reason NOT to drive a CVPI POV w/ emerg equipment.

+1

This type of stuff pisses me off first our Fire Chiefs truck was stolen now this :!: The Criminals down here in South Texas are getting bad. By any chance Luis did you have a Fire Dept Radio in your car i swear i heard some people taking and laughing and whistling on our frequency last night around 2am might of been our suspects. Man im pissed :evil:

May 20, 2010
Mission, Texas RGV
Station 3 said:
+1

This type of stuff pisses me off first our Fire Chiefs truck was stolen now this :!: The Criminals down here in South Texas are getting bad. By any chance Luis did you have a Fire Dept Radio in your car i swear i heard some people taking and laughing and whistling on our frequency last night around 2am might of been our suspects. Man im pissed :evil:

on what freq was this i oly had my orion programmed for trasmiting on sjfd channel and all others were reciving only i dint here anything on my edinburg pager last night and i dont have any pd freq in my radio

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Yeah i heard it around 2am for about 3 min some one was saying "hey hey hello" and then they were laughing and yelling on the frequency on and off for around 3 min or so. I know there was no calls last night but that one over there in the Penitas area that Chief responded to code 1 for the Levys and water pump. But they dident tone it out.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Did the firefighters pop the trunk lid, or was it pried like that when they got there? Odds are a couple hoods thought they could jack an unmarked copcar and score a couple ARs or MP5s. It happens more often than we'd like the public to know.

Worst case scenario is that they might have also decided to rob some competing hoods who are now really pissed off that a couple "cops" in an unmarked car ripped off their cash and dope. Where are the plates?

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
Those stupid people...i'm sorry for you was all of the equipment yours? That is a lot of good stuff to lose to some retards. But on the brighter side maybe you can recover some of your stolen stuff.

May 20, 2010
Mission, Texas RGV
Alovebaby41 said:
Those stupid people...i'm sorry for you was all of the equipment yours? That is a lot of good stuff to lose to some retards. But on the brighter side maybe you can recover some of your stolen stuff.
Yes all the equipment was mine inside was also my iPad and my new canon rebel that I had just bought last week.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Luis, I hate to hear about this, but with all of that valuable equipment in your vehicle, why wasn't there a burglar alarm too? No guarantee it would have helped thwart the crime, but at least it would have made some racket and someone might have noticed something happening.

MIKET2

May 24, 2010
Houston Tx.
Wow was sombody after you or didn't like you or something like that? Thats quite terrible and some hatred

to go with it. Gettin rougher living by the border looks like. :roll:

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
MIKET2 said:
Wow was sombody after you or didn't like you or something like that? Thats quite terrible and some hatred
to go with it. Gettin rougher living by the border looks like. :roll:

Im definatly not gonna leave my gun and badge in my truck anymore. Some of my fellow firefighters dont like me to carry my Badge and gun when im at the Fire Station even though its my Police Depts policy to do so. :roll: Dont want some liitle gang banger to steal my piece and badge that would suck. :lol:

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Station 3 said:
Im definatly not gonna leave my gun and badge in my truck anymore.

If your pistol(s) and shield aren't on your person, there's no point in having them. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for coppers who loose their shit that way, particularly nowadays with the car safes and lockboxes that are on the market. And I don't leave guns in the car when I'm out of state or traveling, particularly anything that's Class 3, or a $4,500 precision rifle setup.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Sorry about your loss, hope your insurance covers it.

If I lived on a board town, I would have a starter disable switch with the high rate of auto theft down there. Additionally, if it has a fleet key, I would change the ignition out for more peace of mind.

May 20, 2010
Mission, Texas RGV
Station 3 said:
Im definatly not gonna leave my gun and badge in my truck anymore. Some of my fellow firefighters dont like me to carry my Badge and gun when im at the Fire Station even though its my Police Depts policy to do so. :roll: Dont want some liitle gang banger to steal my piece and badge that would suck. :lol:
Yea Israel just so that u know I don't mind you having your pistol and police badge with you you erned it and hey that what you r

spike91

Jun 11, 2010
New York
Oh, jesus man. I'm sorry to see that, hope you're able to recover/replace everything without too much trouble. Good luck man, best wishes.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Man, I'm sorry about your car! It looked nIce too! Your story just gives me one more reason why I want to get rid of my CVPI.

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
Station 3 said:
Im definatly not gonna leave my gun and badge in my truck anymore.

:shock: :? :shock: Yikes, thats not a good idea regardless. I would never even think of leaving my firearm in my car unattended, safe or no safe. My firearm is either on my person or in the safe at home.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
UndercoverVLS said:
:shock: :? :shock: Yikes, thats not a good idea regardless. I would never even think of leaving my firearm in my car unattended, safe or no safe. My firearm is either on my person or in the safe at home.

+1!

led 1.jpg

led 2.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.