Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Put a single led behind those facing up to illuminate the dome and it's perfect

TJW

May 20, 2010
MB, Canada
Extremely effective. What $$$$ amount are you into it for? Would love to see a distance video in day, and night if possible. I'd hazard a guess that the guts of your led beacon would fit inside a Whelen RB6 rotator housing as well if you desired a more modern look. Nice Job !

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
I had my doubts.....but it looks GOOD!

UNITY could have pulled something like this off. They just didn't want to. (I hope they see this comment)

schabinsc

Mar 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
That is awesome, the patience it must have taken to put that together in a professional looking package. Great job, ever thought about making more? Perhaps two mounted at either end of a roof bar to truly take it old school.

kohan25

Jun 23, 2010
Oxford, CT.
The led light on ebay is exactly what i used. Mine cost around $25. and i had the federal parts laying around. Very easy to make. Had to make the plastic base of the led light round though by grinding as it is octagon shape. Once i did that it slipped right into the dome. I have some aluminum flat stock to cut out and put on the bottom of the base. Im working on a couple of minibar projects next.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.