My departments fundraiser for a utility truck

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Hey guys, here is the link the my departments online fundraiser to help with replacing our utility truck. LVFD Utility Truck Fund by Gene-Paul Brennan - GoFundMe

Thanks for visiting, The Lafargeville Volunteer Fire Department is raising funds to replace one of our trucks. The truck we are trying to replace is a 1981 Chevrolet 1-ton dually truck. This truck served as the departments original brush fire/grass fire truck. Once a newer brush/fast attack unit was acquired, this truck was retired to be used as a tow vehicle for our UTV and equipment trailer.

What we would like to replace this truck with is a used, crew cab, 4 wheel drive pickup, or a larger SUV. This new truck will be used to pull the UTV and equipment trailer, transport small equipment to and from fire scenes, and also transport our members to their various training courses around Jefferson County, NY.

We currently have more than 7 members enrolled in fire classes, and to avoid putting the travel costs onto our volunteer members, they currently take our brush/fast attack unit to classes and trainings. This causes fuel waste because the vehicle must remain running in the cold to prevent the pump and on board water from freezing. This also takes the unit, which is also equipped with hydraulic rescue tools, away from our response area.

In conclusion, we, the members of Lafargeville Volunteer Fire Department hope you are able to donate towards our cause, and are forever grateful for any help we receive.

Please visit us on Facebook and feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments!

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Please, if anyone has any pointers or suggestions for fundraiser, or constructive criticism on this particular fundraiser, I'd appreciate any assistance.

Also, if you can't donate, please share with friends/family/colleagues.

Thanks so much,

Gene-Paul Brennan

Assistant Chief, LVFD

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
don't use go fund me, all of those site take a generous portion of the money as their fees, set up a fund at a local branch of your bank, US bank is always a good choice around here.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Shawn L said:
don't use go fund me, all of those site take a generous portion of the money as their fees, set up a fund at a local branch of your bank, US bank is always a good choice around here.

It's a little late now! lol :) But this isn't the only fundraiser we have going right now. We thought this would be the best way to reach out to distant friends, family and others, while still making it easy for them to donate. Go fund me takes approx. 3.5% of each donation, and then the service that transfers the funds to us takes 5%. We felt that was acceptable.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.