My Federal Signal Flash Ball FB-F

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Hello fellow collectors!

I am pleased to say(and show) that I am now a proud owner of a Federal Signal FLASH BALL.

I wish I could say that is all original and NOS, but that is not the case. What I can say is that it has an original dark red Federal Dome( no F 7 molded into the top). I had to replace the flasher with a modern day 3 prong flasher. I had a full length cord with cigar plug on a parts FBH that I switched out to the Flash Ball. The retaining band did not have the original FBF label on it but I was lucky enough to get one from Fireball3 on here.

So after cleaning, replacement parts, and a new label, here she is fully functional!!!(click on the pic to see all the pictures).

Also on the inside base of the light near the flasher holder there is 88 in black ink stamped on this light. Anyone have any idea what this might be?? An inspector/quality control #?

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_Flash_20Ball_th_IMG00338_20110614_1402.jpg

I also have blue and amber domes for it as well. You have to love the Fire Ball/Flash Ball series. Truly well built products.

Enjoy and as always, comments are welcome!

Chris

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Very nice...Dan and I started a find a flashball competition about 18 months back. I now have 3, Dan will have all the rest other than yours.!!

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Thanks,

I'm glad to be in the club. I won't be letting go of this one anytime soon.

Chris

Abacus said:
Very nice...Dan and I started a find a flashball competition about 18 months back. I now have 3, Dan will have all the rest other than yours.!!

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Believe me, like anything else, it all depends on who's looking at the time.

$200-$400

If you decide to sell, hold out for the bigger money, unless it's a collector, like someone from this site who will really appreciate it.

Dan

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
dmathieu said:
$200-$400

If you decide to sell, hold out for the bigger money, unless it's a collector, like someone from this site who will really appreciate it.

Dan

Now you just need to restore a red/white torino and your off!! Nice refurb!!

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
dmathieu said:
$200-$400

Dan

Thanks Dan,

I was just curious what they usually sell for.

I have no plans to sell it, it rounds out my Fire Ball collection. I now have original FB-1's, a FB 11, a couple FBH's, a few Fire Ball 2's(the round cans) including a Strobe version and the Flash Ball.

I would guess the Flash Ball is the rare one in the group.

It's funny that the Flash Ball was the cheaper version and ends up being worth more.

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.