My first full size lightbar

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
OK, so I think this belongs in vintage... the item in question is just about a quarter-century old.

Anyway, I was going to stick to collecting beacons and mini-bars, but for 30 bucks on CL, I couldn't resist a well used but complete, all red StreetHawk with center siren, supposedly from the Allentown, PA fire dept. The lenses are hazy but intact and should shine up nicely. Internals are crusty, but everything works except the flasher and a few bulbs.

Here's a "before" pic from the CL ad:

Federal StreetHawk 3.jpg

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
EHFD_Tower_751 said:
Speaker grill is on backwards :) .

Nice lookin bar (coming from a guy that has 5 streethawks lol)

And working on at least 2 more :dielaugh:

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
EHFD_Tower_751 said:
Speaker grill is on backwards :) .
Aha, that must be why it was cheap!

Actually, the grill is correct, but the bar came with clear rear flashers. Go figure. I'll be fixing that, of course.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
EHFD_Tower_751 said:
Actually 5 total (the firehawk with white bases, an all light streethawk needing domes, and 3 complete streethawks)

Oh! I thought the bases you need from me was going to give you more.

What domes can I help with the all light?

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
smokin351 said:
I have a donor Streethawk that I was getting ready to list for sale here in a few days. Has everything but domes. Let me know if you need any parts.

Thanks! My wish list is a pair of amber flasher lenses, lens gaskets, and a working FA3 alt flasher.

smokin351

Feb 28, 2012
Bluegrass State
MtnMan said:
Thanks! My wish list is a pair of amber flasher lenses, lens gaskets, and a working FA3 alt flasher.

I'll double check tomorrow but I know it does have Amber flasher lenses. Not sure what shape the gaskets are in though.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I 26 said:
On the topic of 'Hawks:

What's the difference between a white-base Streethawk and a white-base Firehawk?

Not much. The white and red bases were called FireHawks; black bases were StreetHawks.

boboloo

Jun 5, 2012
Kalamazoo, MI
Great find! IMO: Always better with numbers or other identifying decals on them. Just a thought, it would be nice to find a pic of the car that light was on.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
FedSigFan said:
That's a great bar to start with. Throw some new lenses on and it'll shine like a jewel!

The originals are looking pretty darn good after polishing. Here's the before and after comparison:

0411132247.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.