My "garage" visibar.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Brings back good memories. It just needs a wide mouth speaker to top it off the way ours were back when. The chain was actually a huge pain in the ass. The chains used to seize up and you had to slap the side of them to get it to turn. I had one when we junked them, and I wish I had kept it.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
crescentstar69 said:
Brings back good memories. It just needs a wide mouth speaker to top it off the way ours were back when. The chain was actually a huge pain in the ass. The chains used to seize up and you had to slap the side of them to get it to turn. I had one when we junked them, and I wish I had kept it.

Word. My dad's old Fury or Cornet or whatever it was had the Visibar with the wide mouth speaker.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Actually it is a Visibar, it is not a model 11 Twin Beacon Ray.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
crescentstar69 said:
It just needs a wide mouth speaker to top it off the way ours were back when.

Wide mouth speaker? Do you mean a radial horn type speaker like the Federal CJ24?

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
Wailer said:
Wide mouth speaker? Do you mean a radial horn type speaker like the Federal CJ24?

Sort of. I recall dad's being bigger but I could be wrong.

aup.autotitre.com_forum_up_d1b2c4db36.jpg

Like this above, only the speaker sat on the bar, instead of being a couple inches higher.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.