My howler pulsates

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Good afternoon gents. I just completed a install for my department, we got all new whelen equipment. We're running a SLSA6 whelen siren and a 100 watt howler. I should mention that we are only running 1 100 watt siren speaker also. We're switching the howler through the one of the sirens push buttons. It is programmed as a momentary switch, while it works great for about 2-3 seconds it will then start pulsating. I have double and triple checked my wiring and for the life of me cannot figure out why it pulsates. Does anyone have any insight as to why it is pulsating.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Back-probe the +12V and ground terminals at the Howler amp connector and make sure it's getting solid power while operating. If that's not the problem, it's probably going to be a factory repair.

Reactions: Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.