My New Federal Signal Cuda Spectre CA Spec. Lightbar

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Hello fellow collectors!

This time I have a Brand New Federal Signal Cuda Spectre LED lightbar. I recently acquired this nice specimen from a retired police officer in Chino,CA. These are somewhat rarer to find, as most used clear domes with clear LED module lenses. I think this is another great addition to my collection. It has its "steady red" in the center of the lightbar. Let me know what you think!

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CudaSpec.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_cudaspec3.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_cudaspec1.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_cudaspec2.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_cudaspec4.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_cudaspec5.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned..........

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
Wow Federal can make a decent looking LED bar! Thats a pretty nice setup there. I would be willing to bet with Code 3 and Whelen dominating the market everywhere, there are not too many like this out there.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The colored internal lenses are new to me as well.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
It's highly likely that I installed that lightbar originally. The newer cars had them wired to a horn ring flash module (EVM-HRFM) which activates the lightbar in "chaos" mode for 7 seconds when the operator hits the horn ring going through the intersection. It's dubbed as the "5th position" (slide switch 1-2-3, then park kill as the 4th)

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
JohnMarcson said:
The colored internal lenses are new to me as well.
thanks to all so far! I have a main catalog for police vehicles from 2003 with this lightbar on the cover. I wish i could scan it to add to this thread! Here is the Federal part number for those colored lenses, red is not available anymore. Part# Z8625101B-B.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
ryan said:
Eric doesnt power any of his finds up for videos. picture it in your mind.

Sad, but true. :cry:

I can picture rotating lights and mirrors, but all the blinky patterns available with LED's is near impossible to imagine. I hope Eric breaks the no-video rule just this one time.

Please? Purty please with whipped cream and a cherry on top? :hail:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Once again, Eric is spared from having to apply power to one of his lightbars. Strong in the force is he.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Nice looking bar....not even on the same planet with that FDNY Aero though. MSP ran a few of thos bars in between the Jetstrobe and B-Link Whelen bars. IDK why they didn't take off....those had the blue inserts as well and were bright as hell!

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
This bar looks like it was made be the LEGO company.

I've seen the color inserts but not in a lightbar.

Federal made some Cuda lights for the rear side windows of a crown vic.

it had 3 red and 3 blue per light. There are some of those still in use on Detroit Police traffic Slicktop cars.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.