My new (old) CVPI Take-home..

May 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ohio
Well due to budget cuts and reassignments I had to give up my 2008 CVPI, viewtopic.php?f=39&t=463 for this 2005 CVPI. This car has a lot of the same equipment that my 08 did with the exceptions of some of the different lighting and computer equipment. I left a lot of my own equipment that was in my 08 due to a good friend getting the car and letting him use it.

Equipment:

Code 3 RX2700

Whelen CPS690 (strobes in corners and reverse lights)

2 Whelen TIR3s in rear

Rear Spoiler w/ Red/Blue LEDs

Whelen Headlight flasher

LX4 Red/Blue Grill lights

Rear prisoner screens

Kustom camera system

Dual Stalker radar

etc..

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii124_deputy1630_SDC10181.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii124_deputy1630_SDC10179.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii124_deputy1630_SDC10178.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii124_deputy1630_SDC10177.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii124_deputy1630_SDC10184.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii124_deputy1630_SDC10183.jpg

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Dude, that 05 is in better condition than some "fresh off the line" cars around here..

How the heck did you manage that?

May 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ohio
DEPUTYSTEPHENSON said:
Who did you piss off to have to give up your 2008 and move back to a 2005. Looks good, but i'd be pissed.

This car is actually in immaculate condition for being on 05, my friend that took my 08 took VERY good care of his car. I have been temporarily re-assigned from the road patrol to an administrative position and they wanted to keep the newer vehicles on the road patrol, therefore my friend and i traded cars. whenever they put me back on the road, i get my 08 back!

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
Jasen Hatfield said:
This car is actually in immaculate condition for being on 05, my friend that took my 08 took VERY good care of his car. I have been temporarily re-assigned from the road patrol to an administrative position and they wanted to keep the newer vehicles on the road patrol, therefore my friend and i traded cars. whenever they put me back on the road, i get my 08 back!

So who have you shot to be "temporarily reassigned" :D ...The car still looks good. How does the rear spoiler light work for you?

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Does the trunk lid badge actually say "Sheriff Interceptor"? I've never seen one before.

You must be secure in your masculinity - a Swiffer in your battle bag? Some things you just can't let the civilians see..... ;)

Nice standoff on the shotgun :cool:

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
That ride is Sick :!: Dang man i would love to drive that especially that nice spoiler with the LEDs buit in man i give this ride a 10 out of 10 :cool:

May 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ohio
The spoiler is actually really neat, the leds in it are split red/blue, it isnt used as a brake light. I got the sheriff interceptor lid badge off of the board here, and yes that is a swiffer in my battle bag, for all intents and purposes it is usually in the glove box! i will get a video up sometime today of the rear spoiler in action.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
That rear spoiler was discussed at length on the old forum.. anyone got the link? (IIRC, it did not go over to well with the members here..)

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Well, it is weird on a cop car, and in my opinion does not sit well with the TIR3 on the deck.

Makes it look like a tuned-up Import... No offence... ;o)

Stendec

May 21, 2010
In all seriousness, do you have enough elbow room with the 30 rd mag in the AR? It may be the perspective, but it looks like it sticks out pretty far.

Lately, I seem to be leaning towards keeping a 20 in the carbine to keep it as trim as possible, and using 30s as reloads.

May 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ohio
Stendec said:
In all seriousness, do you have enough elbow room with the 30 rd mag in the AR? It may be the perspective, but it looks like it sticks out pretty far.

Lately, I seem to be leaning towards keeping a 20 in the carbine to keep it as trim as possible, and using 30s as reloads.

It is funny that you mention that, I have been pondering doing the same thing and putting a 20rd mag in there. My elbow room, especially I have noticed in this car is tight as opposed to my 08. I keep a shoulder sling w/ 6 30rd mags on it in the trunk in case the shit hits the fan, but I will be converting over to a 20rd mag.

May 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ohio
This video was taken a few years ago when the spoiler was installed. The car at the time had an LEDx2100 on it, not the RX2700 and didnt have the strobes in the reverse lights. But you can get the idea what it looks like..

May 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ohio
GranPrix said:
What happened to those BADD ASS 400s!!

they were left in my 08, a good friend of mine is driving it and i just went ahead and left em in there. i miss those things a lot, they were bad ass, between those and the datalux computer those are what i miss the most from my 08! when i look at the grill on this thing it almost looks as if nothing is in there as those 400s took up some real estate behind that grill.

May 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ohio
ethator said:
being from the Army the 1st thing I noticed was your weapon is not on SAFE.

hmmm ya know, you are absolutely right. i just went out and checked it and sure enough the safety was in the FIRE position. i can't exactly say how i let that one slide by me, other than i am more embarrassed about that than i am the swiffer in my bag :oops: .

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
Stendec said:

Couldn't you just turn the gun mount, so the magazine points toward the passenger side? Or won't it open properly in that position?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.