My new to me 2014 Dodge charger pursuit with Legacy

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Well they finally forced me to turn in my Legendary Crown Victoria i held out for 3 years but i was forced to turn it in for a new car and they issued me a supervisor charger with very little miles and almost no real police use besides going to lunch or going home by my supervisor LOL so its a brand new car. i do have a few nip picks of course since im a whacker i have issues with the ions on the mirrors facing the ground and the vertex aiming down on the headlights where they are split fail and useless... not to mention the ions on the rear windows which are not visible due to the dark tint... but the legacy is amazing and will do the job on its own in my honest opinion. Im not a whelen fan boy my vic was all federal signal but this bar is bad ass especially with the flood out option.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I can't believe they not only let you be an officer of the law, but they also give you things like this.. and let you have a gun...

Garza, you continue to scare the hell out all of us. Enjoy the new hot rod ..

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
Absolutely love the legacy as well, it is amazing. It looks like they just skipped the ion mirror caps and mounted them directly to the angled surface, but you can use them as puddle lights at least!

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Nice ride. The Legacy is a great bar, I'm just not a fan of the stock dual color patterns. There's no real flashing, it just changes colors.

I think you should rearrange the heads in the dominator to put the blues and reds together. Also, you should be able to source a set of mirrorbeam housings from the classifieds pretty cheap to get those Ions angled to where they will be effective. Other than that, it's pretty good.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Since my reputation of being a crazy bastard in my department and im known for breaking shit they had like 3 meetings with me and they told me several times not to mess with the car LOL. I once borrowed a charger of the same year from a deputy since my vic was in the shop and i broke it in 4 days.... one day i got a flat and 3 days later i blew up the radiator fan sending plastic blade shrapnel everywhere pierceing the radiator and blowing a hose.... guess the charger was not ment for speeds over 140mph because thats what happend.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I can't believe they not only let you be an officer of the law, but they also give you things like this.. and let you have a gun...

Garza, you continue to scare the hell out all of us. Enjoy the new hot rod ..

I still dont know why they trust me with authoritaaay and a gun and the power to arrest people to tell you the truth... i only became a cop because of super troopers movie dude thats my only reason.

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
I guess the liberty 2 must be a good bit cheaper than the legacy, otherwise I don't know why Whelen bothered to revamp it. I think the scene light on the legacy is awesome. I attached a couple pics from inside our 16 interceptor utility with the new LED headlights, the scene light really drowns the hl's out which is an accomplishment.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: jph2

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
BTW, why did they install those LAWS in area that does not reflect the light? Should have put them in the low-beam side so they are effective.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
It's a shame your prohibited from any tinkering, because I see a lot of potential in your current set up. From swapping heads around, pattern selection, shimming those damn mirrors proper( I cannot believe people really get paid to mount them like that,with split fail to boot), and that headlight hole is a good candidate for some solid color tall cannons to at least make drilling them worth anything in the first place. Yee Haawwwww

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
i am very disappointed over all. in fact i may ask John to remove this thread. all i see is blinking blobs. i see no tacos. no chorizo'y goodness. hell, not even a stray mayo packet on the hood. have shame senor Garza, have muy shame.

new dominator set up and mayo with mexican music sir

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Well they finally forced me to turn in my Legendary Crown Victoria i held out for 3 years but i was forced to turn it in for a new car and they issued me a supervisor charger with very little miles and almost no real police use besides going to lunch or going home by my supervisor LOL so its a brand new car. i do have a few nip picks of course since im a whacker i have issues with the ions on the mirrors facing the ground and the vertex aiming down on the headlights where they are split fail and useless... not to mention the ions on the rear windows which are not visible due to the dark tint... but the legacy is amazing and will do the job on its own in my honest opinion. Im not a whelen fan boy my vic was all federal signal but this bar is bad ass especially with the flood out option.

I prefer the CVPIs too (they were little tanks and more comfortable for me as a taller person), but It's still a badass ride, and they gave you way more lights than many other depts would. As for the vertex, I don't think that any mounting location is great on chargers b/c I think their headlights SUCK for LAWs and are a waste

How much will they let u move around &/or add to it? A few minor recommendations that I'd make:

1) rearrange the dominator to RRCCBB (flash by alternating the outer 4 modules with the inner 2 modules), so that it's not a rainbow blur. *edit* I just saw the 2nd video and that you already rearranged it. I would use the flash pattern that I recommended earlier instead of scan
2) if they are surface mount ions, move the side ions to the side tail light (below the "call 911"). Surface mount ions fit perfectly there. On the other hand, if they're the multi-mount ions, u could use those on the PB and move the dominator to the rear window
3) move the mirror ions to the rear LP & get true mirror beams that position the lightheads properly
4) add a rear deck light bar and cut out some of the tint. I think excessive tint is pointless on a fully-marked vehicle. When parked, I would either have the legacy or rear deck lightbar as an amber TA, and the other as a slow flashing RB light. (i.e. Legacy Amber TA and rear deck warning light RB)

Last edited:
Reactions: Station 3

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
TBH, other than the brakes, engine, materials, craftsmanship , and did I mention the brakes? - they're not too terrible compared to the previous generation Charger at least.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
TBH, other than the brakes, engine, materials, craftsmanship , and did I mention the brakes? - they're not too terrible compared to the previous generation Charger at least.

This is true....but we've still had too much down time with the the model year that the OP has...not sure on the new new ones but I wouldn't touch them.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
So true on the Chargers. They're fast as f#@k when they're working, but they spend more time in the shop than on the road (in my experience at least).

Now that the CVPI is gone (RIP), I honestly think the only way to go right now is the Tahoe; that thing is a rugged, dependable beast. I dunno bout elsewhere in the country, but our city PD's pricing for a Tahoe was only $800 more than the caprice (Tahoe = more space & substantially higher resale value), so we are phasing everything else out and going just to tahoes for the city.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Good choice, they are good rides. Do your chargers have the V-6 or 5.7 Hemi? Also, how many miles did you rack up on your Vic before they took her away from you? Was she still going strong?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Good choice, they are good rides. Do your chargers have the V-6 or 5.7 Hemi? Also, how many miles did you rack up on your Vic before they took her away from you? Was she still going strong?
My vic only had 150k miles it had a brand new transmission 3 months ago also had new spark plugs and had just got a tune up it was perfect in every way it was a 2007 cvpi i loved it i was forced to give it away since they are switching the entire county to tahoes and chargers... i agree with everyone the chargers are cheap crap i promised my LT and SGT i was going to break the charger in a month or two so lets see if it happens LOL.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I believe GM Fleet raised the price again for the Tahoe PPV/SSV another few grand, that should make the 2017 municipal bid base price approx $35,000

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
¡Mucho mejor con mayonesa!

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Well this car is gone LOL i arrived at a failed home invasion with 8 heavily armed subjects wearing police gear with rifles shooting at other armed guys in a stash house loaded full of dope by the mexican river and i crashed my car chasing one suspect vehicle... i could still hear the shots fired when i exited my crashed car.

Attachments

• car 2.jpg
    car 2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 165
  • car.jpg
    car.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: TritonBoulder47

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Well this car is gone LOL i arrived at a failed home invasion with 8 heavily armed subjects wearing police gear with rifles shooting at other armed guys in a stash house loaded full of dope by the mexican river and i crashed my car chasing one suspect vehicle... i could still hear the shots fired when i exited my crashed car.

Seriously bro????? Lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.