My new to me Aerodynic model 25 with a twist....

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
So a couple weeks ago I'm searching craigs for collectible stuff and I come across a model 25 Aero. Contact the seller, he agrees to box it and drop it at a Fedex location. Awesome!! A second model 25 for the collection! So it comes Thursday 7/19 and I take it out of the box for a quick scan. Lenses are dirty and need a cleaning and polish but I knew that from the pics in the add. Turn it over, black base is in very good shape. I spend no more than a minute looking at it, set it out in the florida room to await its turn to be worked on. So this morning I go to let the dogs out, while waiting for them to do their thing I stop and look over the Aero, WHAT?!?! IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?!?! Let the dogs in, grab the bar and head to the driveway. Take the lenses off and sure as hell, dual meteor lights in the center 2 spots. A model 25CF-SB.

SWEET!!!

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_SANY0016.jpg

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_SANY0017.jpg

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_SANY0018.jpg

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
A model 25 Cross Fire is what you have. I presume the SB indicates it has a synthetic base. I know a model 14-SB is a model 14 with a Synthetic Base.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
The "SB" in this particular Aerodynic indicates "Series B". I know it does not make sense because of how the nameplate is marked, but that is how it is signified in my Federal book.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
ERIC6913 said:
The "SB" in this particular Aerodynic indicates "Series B". I know it does not make sense because of how the nameplate is marked, but that is how it is signified in my Federal book.

That doesn't really surprise me, Fed Sig has a long history of bizarre serial number and series designations.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
That is not a Crossfire......It is a SB or as Eric said...series B. The series B has 2 meteors in the center......nice find BTW

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.