My Newly Restored Federal Sign and Signal RED Beacon Ray Model 17 w/ Flange Base

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Hello Fellow ELB members!

This time I have something yet unique again! I picked this up a while back on E-bay if some of you recall. I initially bought it for its flanged base, but soon realized it had a couple more unique features. It is 24 volt and has an older style emblem. Here is what I did, I got the original base re-powder coated in red (it was red), I hand polished the small diameter dome and sent the emblem to "Jack" to be restored. Everything turned out much better than I anticipated. The best part I think is the job Jack did restoring the emblem! It was faded originally. He does absolutely beautiful work! Definitely an asset to my collection. Let me know how you like it though!

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_RED172_zps3e757828.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_RED17_zpseb88323d.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned!

P.s.

I Forgot to mention the obvious, this was originally a standard height skirt that was rolled on a metal working machine to create the flange. Just in case somebody was wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Beautiful light, and, as usual, the restoration is fantastic.

I saw that when it was for sale, and thought about it, but I'm selling all the Beacon Rays in my collection except the NIB old style 17 with the split B/R dome.

Glad you got it, and brought it back to better than new.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
dmathieu said:
Beautiful light, and, as usual, the restoration is fantastic.
I saw that when it was for sale, and thought about it, but I'm selling all the Beacon Rays in my collection except the NIB old style 17 with the split B/R dome.

Glad you got it, and brought it back to better than new.

thanks Dan, yeah it's different!

p.s. Dan,

you'll like my next restoration, watch for it in a few days!

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Very unique and very nice! Great job Eric, that is a very nice find and Jack did an outstanding job on that tag! wow! :thumbsup:

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Awesome all around light and tag!! Just in time for Valentines Day too!! :yes: :yes: :hearts: :hearts:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.