My NOS Custom Federal Signal Strobehawk

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
hello fellow collectors!

This time around i have a project that i have been waiting to do for a while. I got this NOS Strobehawk a while back from a dealer. this thing was still sealed in the box. I already had a Strobehawk, so i wanted to do something different with this one. I think my version would have been a cool one, that Federal should have considered. I ordered new clear Streethawk domes and new blue Starfire Strobe domes. I cut the blue domes to match the original clear Strobehawk ones. I also had the speaker grilles mirror polished. Let me know what you think!

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_strobehawk_1.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_strobehawk3.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_strobehawk2.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_strobehawk1.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_strobehawk4.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_strobehawk5.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww341/eric6913/fred55.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
Very cool, as usual, Eric.

I must admit that I had no love at all for the Street series of lightbars...untill I got a Strobehawk.

Kind of reminds me of the old Whelen 8000 bars, with the fresnel round strobe lenses.

What's up with those lens clips, that are specifically designed to scratch the inside of the domes? :shock:

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
CFD125 said:
Very cool, as usual, Eric.

I must admit that I had no love at all for the Street series of lightbars...untill I got a Strobehawk.

Kind of reminds me of the old Whelen 8000 bars, with the fresnel round strobe lenses.

What's up with those lens clips, that are specifically designed to scratch the inside of the domes? :shock:

Pressure spring I believe was the idea...maybe they thought you'd only scratch the top inside of the dome?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
TritonBoulder47 said:

+2 :mrgreen: ! You should set aside a weekend to video the top five beacons and top five lightbars you've shared on ELB :D .

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
CrownVic97 said:
+2 :mrgreen: ! You should set aside a weekend to video the top five beacons and top five lightbars you've shared on ELB :D .
you guys know i can't do video.....i spend too much on these damn blinkie thingies :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.