My Restored Beacon Ray 174 Demountable Special

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
hello there fellow collectors!

This time i have a Federal Signal Beacon Ray model 174-D. I have had this light for a while, but just recently restored it. This version is somewhat rarer i think, because it has a special siren base mounting foot. This is the way it came from Federal, no custom job here. The Nameplate reads, 174-D 3Z. I had John Dorgan do the re-chroming and Ryan do the split dome. The tag still needs restoration, which i will have Fyrboy do.

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_174_D.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_174_D2.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_174_D1.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
As far as I know, the "Z" in the series designates special order, so this would be a rare one. Did this originally have a split color dome as well?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.