My Restored Federal Signal Aerodynic 25RQL NFPA Spec.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Hello fellow collectors!

This time around I have a Federal Signal Aerodynic model 25 RQL NFPA spec. This Aerodynic is kinda cool I think because it has the rear lighting blacked out. It was blacked out because it came off a raised roof engine with windows. This way it would not reflect light into the interior of the cab. It has two fast center rotators with two standard speed outer rotators. The domes i ordered new from Federal.

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25RQL2.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25RQL3.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25RQL5.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25RQL6.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25RQL.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25RQL1.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

luckyducky

May 22, 2010
NorCal
They also have blacked out lens on tiller trucks because so the rear driver would not be blinded. I have always like rear black out. Nice restoration.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I love the blacked out rear domes. Code 3 offers ther same option on XL5000s. Bar looks great.

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
Like it a lot.

I don't think that I have ever seen one of those before.

Eric, you must be on a first name basis with the dome gurus at FS. by now. :p

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
CFD125 said:
Like it a lot.

I don't think that I have ever seen one of those before.

Eric, you must be on a first name basis with the dome gurus at FS. by now. :p
thanks bob! yeah, you mean they know my VISA card number :D

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
<----- is on the first name basis with the federal dome guru's. I am pretty sure my face is on a dart board at federal signal everytime I place a aero dome order for Eric. His poor visa card must melt after his fax is placed.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Very neat, we have that same lightbar on our main engine except the rear domes aren't blacked out. When FDNY used to run the Code 3 XL minis, the rear bars were blacked out to the front so they wouldn't flash into the side view mirrors.

It would be really cool to put a reflective finish on the inside of the black domes so that even when the lights are facing rearward, the light is reflected to the front.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Yet again, this is a very nice and, must I say, unique restoration.

First black AeroDynic lenses I see, and they are very nice!

Besides the lenses, where did you get the 25R bar?

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
toon80 said:
Yet again, this is a very nice and, must I say, unique restoration.
First black AeroDynic lenses I see, and they are very nice!

Besides the lenses, where did you get the 25R bar?
i'm not sure where anymore on this one.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
My favorite assigned ambulance ever was A-542 at AMR. '98 E-350 van with the classic "picture window" on the passenger side, rear spoiler, blue vinyl captains chair (complete with arm-rests)in back, 2 man cot and this exact same bar up top. It had clear center panels though. The only AMR bus I ever saw with an Aero so I cleaned her up and put in a claim...lol My daily driver for 2 years until the motor blew up....Then I got the standard 2008 E-350 (A-102)with the 9M bar and 5MM LED perimeter lights mixed w/strobes just like every other AMR bus at the time....bleh.. (the AC was INCREDIBLE though)

Thanks for the memories Eric...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.