My restored NYPD aerotwin 24rmvf-2z in the u.k

May 24, 2010
united kingdom
hi all,recieved a beat up nypd aero,broken domes in transit,un working,bulbs all blown and thick with dirt.apart from the clear domes/encaps which im trying to locate (real hard to find in the uk) its fully restored and set up correctly etc.please please..!!! if anyone can help with the dome problem,please let me know,i need 2 endcaps,clear,two front right clear segments..

ai979.photobucket.com_albums_ae276_mic180666_aerounrestall_1.jpg

ai979.photobucket.com_albums_ae276_mic180666_aerounres.jpg

ai979.photobucket.com_albums_ae276_mic180666_aerobox.jpg

ai979.photobucket.com_albums_ae276_mic180666_aerorestorbulb.jpg

ai979.photobucket.com_albums_ae276_mic180666_aerorestoredall.jpg

ai979.photobucket.com_albums_ae276_mic180666_aerosiderestored.jpg

ai979.photobucket.com_albums_ae276_mic180666_aerobadge.jpg

ai979.photobucket.com_albums_ae276_mic180666_aerorestfront.jpg

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
This turned out great! If you can't find replacement domes, you could buy new ones from Federal Signal. I'm thinking a set of domes for an "22" model. Then, you couple them with your actual ones. Shouldn't be too expensive, imho.

Great restoration! :D Congrats!

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Not to be a stickler but isnt the motor supposed to be rear passenger side? Maybe you just need to swap the speaker covers and lenses around. Shoot me if I am wrong.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
ryan said:
Not to be a stickler but isnt the motor supposed to be rear passenger side? Maybe you just need to swap the speaker covers and lenses around. Shoot me if I am wrong.

NYPD used their AeroTwinSonics backwards with the motor on the drivers side facing to the front.

At least the 24RMVF-2Z's I saw in 1987.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
The side the motor was on was determined by the side the customer specified for the cable exit. The motor and terminal block are on opposite sides of the bar, and the cable exits on the terminal block side. NYPD specified a passenger side cable exit, so on their AeroTwinSonics the motor was on the driver's side. The way you have it set up is correct. I won't even go into the issue of the correct bulbs for the inboard flashers because I don't want to start another war.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
NPS Ranger said:
The side the motor was on was determined by the side the customer specified for the cable exit. The motor and terminal block are on opposite sides of the bar, and the cable exits on the terminal block side. NYPD specified a passenger side cable exit, so on their AeroTwinSonics the motor was on the driver's side. The way you have it set up is correct. I won't even go into the issue of the correct bulbs for the inboard flashers because I don't want to start another war.
I'm still thinking that 24RMVF shipped with 4414 flasher bulbs, the 24RMVF-2Z shipped with 4416 flasher bulbs. So far, all the -2Z version photos I've seen have 4416 bulbs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.