My small collection thus far.

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
Here is my small collection, Hoping to making it bigger one day but this is a start.

The receivers that I have are

Federal Signal Voice Alerting Receiver(Plecton R-900)

and two Motorola Alert Monitors

And as for lights I have.

Single Whelen Dash-Master

Whelen responder unknown model, Would like to find a clear outer lens for this bar and red and blue filters.

IMG_3446.jpg

IMG_3448.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Welcome back!

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
PinballCharlie said:
Nice little collection so far.... I see you are in Poughkeepsie NY.... I am in Kingston NY.

I actually live in Wappingers Falls now, However I was born and lived in Kingston probably until 1998. My Grandfather used to work for KFD years ago and was a tillerman.

emtanderson51 said:
Nice....and you have good taste in beer as well...
Gotta love that Sam Adams!

Zapp Brannigan said:
Welcome back!
Thanks!

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
JennyCop said:
Your off to a good start! :thumbsup: Polish up that lens!

I actually want to find a clear lens, and then use filters on the rotor's. The green lens missing a chunk on the one side where the screw holds it in place.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
10-75_Da_Box said:
Here is my small collection, Hoping to making it bigger one day but this is a start.

The receivers that I have are

Federal Signal Voice Alerting Receiver(Plecton R-900)

and two Motorola Alert Monitors

And as for lights I have.

Single Whelen Dash-Master

Whelen responder unknown model, Would like to find a clear outer lens for this bar and red and blue filters.

Nice setup. First one of the Federal receivers like that I've seen. I didn't know that Plectron did private labels. Are you guys still on lowband up that way?

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
Skip Goulet said:
Nice setup. First one of the Federal receivers like that I've seen. I didn't know that Plectron did private labels. Are you guys still on lowband up that way?

Plectron didn't. Federal bought them right at the end and put Their own labels on the 900 series.

Only low band we have here in Dutchess is 46.36 used for dispatch for departments that still have low band pagers and sirens receivers. And 45.88 for intercounty.

One of the Motorola receivers is on 39.040 and the other is on 151.340 which is a freq still used by out sheriffs office.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
10-75_Da_Box said:
Only low band we have here in Dutchess is 46.36 used for dispatch for departments that still have low band pagers and sirens receivers. And 45.88 for intercounty.

Both of those frequencies are only housed on one out of 7 towers, and the 46.36 is just a remnant of days gone yore. As 10-75 pointed out SOME departments still have some equipment that uses it, but the primary radio system for FD/EMS is UHF.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
10-75_Da_Box said:
Plectron didn't. Federal bought them right at the end and put Their own labels on the 900 series.

One of the Motorola receivers is on 39.040 and the other is on 151.340 which is a freq still used by out sheriffs office.

Nice. I didn't know that Federal had done that. I have a couple of old lowband Plectrons on 33.90. I was up in PA in summer of 1999, and that's what they were using in Lancaster Co. One time I was mobile with a buddy who has one of the old pre-programmed Bearcat scanners and all of a sudden 33.90 became active on his radio....and it was Lancaster Co. dispatching. I bought the Plectron just to see if I could hear them, and they did come in here and there when the conditions were right...just like the skip on C.B., but they went to an 800 MHz trunking system a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
Skip Goulet said:
Nice. I didn't know that Federal had done that. I have a couple of old lowband Plectrons on 33.90. I was up in PA in summer of 1999, and that's what they were using in Lancaster Co. One time I was mobile with a buddy who has one of the old pre-programmed Bearcat scanners and all of a sudden 33.90 became active on his radio....and it was Lancaster Co. dispatching. I bought the Plectron just to see if I could here them, and they did come in here and there when the conditions were right...just like the skip on C.B., but they went to an 800 MHz trunking system a few years ago.

The federal i have aka Plectron 900 is a programmable model. However trying to get the software is nearly impossible that is something that they kept in house. Right now it set up on 46.36 which is fine. I would like to change the tones that it is currently set for.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
10-75_Da_Box said:
The federal i have aka Plectron 900 is a programmable model. However trying to get the software is nearly impossible that is something that they kept in house. Right now it set up on 46.36 which is fine. I would like to change the tones that it is currently set for.

I found a place several years ago that keeps Plectron parts, etc., because I wanted to change a Plectron receiver that I had gotten at the local Ham swapfest from 155.37 to 155.40. He had the cyrstals in stock and also had power cords, etc. I wonder if he might have that software, too, since Plectron is long gone. I don't remember the place now, but I'm sure you could Google it. Somewhere around here I have an old Motorola receiver on 37.18, which was the old state-wide sheriff's frequency for many years. Before most departments ever went to their own frequencies: and now look at it with VHF, UHF and all the trunking and digital stuff, almost every police, fire and ambulance service had 37.18. Now it's almost totally quiet.

Well, I should've looked at the post below mine. Wallace Radio is the place I dealt with. :yes:

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
Skip Goulet said:
I found a place several years ago that keeps Plectron parts, etc., because I wanted to change a Plectron receiver that I had gotten at the local Ham swapfest from 155.37 to 155.40. He had the cyrstals in stock and also had power cords, etc. I wonder if he might have that software, too, since Plectron is long gone. I don't remember the place now, but I'm sure you could Google it. Somewhere around here I have an old Motorola receiver on 37.18, which was the old state-wide sheriff's frequency for many years. Before most departments ever went to their own frequencies: and now look at it with VHF, UHF and all the trunking and digital stuff, almost every police, fire and ambulance service had 37.18. Now it's almost totally quiet.

Well, I should've looked at the post below mine. Wallace Radio is the place I dealt with. :yes:

I emailed him a while ago and the only model Plectron he didn't service was the 900 series being that he didn't have the software. He told me to email federal they might be able to program, but I really haven't been in a rush being that the radio is already on 46.36 and all I want changed are the tones.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
10-75_Da_Box said:
I emailed him a while ago and the only model Plectron he didn't service was the 900 series being that he didn't have the software. He told me to email federal they might be able to program, but I really haven't been in a rush being that the radio is already on 46.36 and all I want changed are the tones.

That ought to work o.k. if you have monitor capability. I'd like to have one of their new Informer radios, but are they expensive!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.