My very First Federal Signal Lightbar Restored!!

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Hello fellow followers!

This time I have a special lightbar to me. It is a Federal Signal Aerodynic, model 25 EAH, CA Spec. with signalmaster. I got this lightbar from one of the largest installation shops at the time in California called, "Pursuit Specialties". I knew the owner and he gave me this beauty. This lightbar traveled with me to Germany, when i lived there for a while and back to California! I do not know what Agency this lightbar came from. As usual, I completely disassembled it. I cleaned, polished and powder coated all the necessary parts. I did order new domes from Federal. Let me know how you like it :)

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25CA6.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25CA5.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25CA8.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25CA7.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25CA9.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25CA.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25CA4.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25CA1.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25CA2.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_25CA3.jpg

As always, stay tuned..... :cool:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Wow...very impressed! That's a heck of a lot different than the ones commonly seen with the two par36s in the middle under a clear section of lenses and just six rotators instead of 8 like that one. Nice work!

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
thank you to all who take the time to respond! It really takes a lot of time to do these things. I'm getting burnt out on the aeros, lol. I'm got three more to post, then its back to the twins.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Outstanding, as usual. I really like the look of polished metal feet compared to all the plastic ones you get with a lightbar now.

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
Cool bar,

Did the original domes also have the amber rear sections?

You would think that the signalmaster would take care of that.

And Eric, get out there and rake up those leaves.!!!

wolfman

May 21, 2010
Scranton, PA
ERIC6913 said:
i toss the bad ones. i have a few i was gonna post for sale soon.

Eric,

Let me know what domes/conditions you have. I know Jeff (Motorolamaniac) said that you have a set of LAPD domes that he wants to get off you, I'd like to know what else you have.

BTW - another spectacular restore! You give me something to try to emulate with some of the stuff that I'm in process of doing.

Thanks,

David

drb

May 23, 2010
Southern California
Steady Fred said:
I think Chino PD used to run these on Plymouth Gran Furys. Too bad Pursuit Specialties isn't around anymore.

I believe they started a company called Pursuit Technology Inc., located in La Habra. Not sure if they are still in business or not. I noticed that Dave Serrano was named as part of the company. Dave was a good guy when he was with Pursuit Specialties. He helped me locate some great XL Select-Alert bars years ago.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
drb said:
I believe they started a company called Pursuit Technology Inc., located in La Habra. Not sure if they are still in business or not. I noticed that Dave Serrano was named as part of the company. Dave was a good guy when he was with Pursuit Specialties. He helped me locate some great XL Select-Alert bars years ago.
that was the second time around. They originally started in Bell, CA. I knew david as well.

drb

May 23, 2010
Southern California
ERIC6913 said:
that was the second time around. They originally started in Bell, CA. I knew david as well.

Yes, they had a little shop in Bell Gardens, right down the street from my business. I even applied there for a summer job when I was still in high school. They outgrew that place in no time.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
drb said:
Yes, they had a little shop in Bell Gardens, right down the street from my business. I even applied there for a summer job when I was still in high school. They outgrew that place in no time.

before i really got to know them well, they said they threw away CTSs and Q2bs by the dumpster full!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
ERIC6913 said:
before i really got to know them well, they said they threw away CTSs and Q2bs by the dumpster full!

Oh, man :eek: ! That's gonna make someone here vomit for sure....

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Very nice looking!

rad123

Aug 5, 2011
Dixon, CA
Pursuit Specialties is now Pursuit North in Martinez, California.

HillRock

Jun 30, 2010
Boston, Mass.
rad123 said:
Pursuit Specialties is now Pursuit North in Martinez, California.

Post resurrection!

Still a beautiful bar. Are those steady burns on the outside and inside of the bar, or were there takedowns at one point?

rad123

Aug 5, 2011
Dixon, CA
the front lights are steady burn. Some CA departments didn't have TD's on their bar, they used a spot light mounted next to their mirror.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.