Mystery Lightbar

Bennyk17

Aug 16, 2019
Glens Falls,NY
Greetings,

I am new to the forum and am hoping that someone can help me identify the mystery lightbars that my fire department used on their apparatus up until the early-mid 200s when they were either replaced by new trucks, or had MX-7000s installed on them. I've attached a few pictures for reference!IMG_8318.png 219916219917

Reactions: StEaLtH2

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Pete is on the right trail. They actually are Whelen 80H (the rotator version) whereas the 8000 series was a strobe version. @Usmc69187 is a mega collector of this style of bar and may be able to further nail down the options on them

Bennyk17

Aug 16, 2019
Glens Falls,NY
My eyes aren't what they used to be but first guess is Whelen 8000 bars ??
If so, those clear domes are worth a pretty penny.
the department replaced those LONG before I joined with the MX7000s. I have one MX 7000 off of our old rescue, a force 4 lp6 from a chief's POV and a junior beacon ray 15A off of our 1963 pumper. No sign of the others however

Bennyk17

Aug 16, 2019
Glens Falls,NY
I have a few more pictures in my archives at the firehouse. I'm out at college but i'll be home in a couple weeks and upload them.
Ended up going home this weekend. Here are some other pictures. I have the spec sheet for the tower that states the lightbar was a Yankee-Dietz possibly, however it also had the siren as being a federal signal when in fact it was a ws-295r1182.PNGtower189.PNG

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.