NASC 120v Beacon

North American Signal Co is selling off their LED MadMax Beacons in 120v for $20 brand new. I grabbed one and with shipping came to like $30.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
North American Signal Co is selling off their LED MadMax Beacons in 120v for $20 brand new. I grabbed one and with shipping came to like $30.

Interesting. I assume they are liquidating them.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I would assume so, can’t imagine them being a big seller in 2024. Great for collectors
I can't imagine any of their "LEDs in a halogen housing" beacons are that popular.... but this one especially probably.

Reactions: OliverD and LED

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
If anyone bought this, I received a replacement $30 light bulb today, no beacon. So clearly something got messed up here. Trying to get a refund now..

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
If anyone bought this, I received a replacement $30 light bulb today, no beacon. So clearly something got messed up here. Trying to get a refund now..
Yeah, let me know how you do, same thing happened to me. They claim that the part number is the LED bulb. Their website now shows $172 for the light itself so they clearly had a problem on their site. If you get any traction let me know what number you called and what you told them.

Also a word of caution to anyone actually buying their LED products, they use one warm "white" LED "bulb" under colored domes for all their LED products.

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
Yeah, let me know how you do, same thing happened to me. They claim that the part number is the LED bulb. Their website now shows $172 for the light itself so they clearly had a problem on their site. If you get any traction let me know what number you called and what you told them.

Also a word of caution to anyone actually buying their LED products, they use one warm "white" LED "bulb" under colored domes for all their LED products.
Some guy called me. Said they’d give me the bulb for free if I called back and purchased the light… little bait and switch BS.

QUICKONE

Jun 5, 2020
ARIZONA
The new NASIG LED model 250 Beacons, (that replaced the sealed beam models) just do not have the "quick dwell" flash, (as they use a modified "Flood" patterned LED Lamp).

I also wouldn't bet that these new 250 LED Rotating Beacons meet Class 1 SAE J845 spec. because of the lamp spread.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I'm not thinking their "LEDs Spinning in a halogen beacon" lights are compliant with much in general.....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosajj

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.