Need Feedback on a new product...

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Looks expensive and too much light for the side where less would be just as effective in my opinion. I would guess it would be at least $1000 per side and what department has that kind of money to spend?

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
K9Vic said:
Looks expensive and too much light for the side where less would be just as effective in my opinion. I would guess it would be at least $1000 per side and what department has that kind of money to spend?

right now they are estimating nowhere near that cost. :thumbsup:

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I think the alley light feature will be great. How many lightbar alleys shine on the ground withing 5 feet of the vehicle. as for the traffic director function, i think thats pointless seeing that when the vehicle is parked sideways, its blocking the road to begin with, no need to divert traffic around it

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
NotNormalEnterprisesLLC said:
What kind of pricing would you guys like to see realistically?

I like the concept, but obviously the product would become more vehicle specific because of molded in running boards. Standard add on runnings boards would not work well with it, and how about cars with out running boards how will it be secured?

I would say $250 for a 6 head. It would have to be comparable too Whelen or SNM/PimpPods.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
ff168577 said:
I like the concept, but obviously the product would become more vehicle specific because of molded in running boards. Standard add on runnings boards would not work well with it, and how about cars with out running boards how will it be secured?

I would say $250 for a 6 head. It would have to be comparable too Whelen or SNM/PimpPods.

Its not ment to be a replacement for the python series. this is built more like the HG2 Runner system.

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
NotNormalEnterprisesLLC said:
Its not ment to be a replacement for the python series. this is built more like the HG2 Runner system.

Yes I understand that. I was just using the price per head rule. 6 heads x $50= ok so it would be $300. That is what I was guessing.

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
SireLite said:
I like it, If someone was to hit you at an intersection. They can't say they didn't see you.

But they could claim temporary blindness. :yes:

Not a fan of the crazy flash patterns as they serve no purpose other than to confuse. I could see a use on some vehicles for some of the less obnoxious patterns, but for the most part I would rather use the funds on better multi-purpose scene lighting mounted higher on the vehicle. Seems like there is never enough scene lighting or it is contained in "islands" around the scene. Having some low amp draw scene lighting on more vehicles instead of a few specialty vehicles would be of more use for the incidents we respond to.

yrucallin911

Oct 1, 2011
Illinois
I think they're sweet.

I could see using the arrow pattern if the squad is blocking the roadway with the car at a 90 degree angle... It's all about the pricing though... Having not seen one in person, and knowing the online videos never do it justice, I think the Avatar is horrendously overpriced. 1650 for a 48" bar? A 27" bar for $950? Give me a break...

I know Feniex makes quality products... and I have yet to see anything brighter on the market... but the flash patterns on the bars leave a lot to be desired, and a pricepoint that is more expensive than comparable alternatives isn't going to win in this market or economy.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Right now I cant say anything on prices but they are trying to keep it around or less than the "other" runner system...... Just brighter and more features.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I have actually started to make somethign like this out of some lights I currently have and I was recently looking for some solid whites to make the alley feature. I would absolutely love it on my cvpi... BUT... with all of my other needs... something in the price range of the "other" product out there is certainly not in my budget. I highly doubt it would be in my agency's budget as well. I'm only buiding mine out of spare parts and leftovers.

The biggest selling point I could make with my agency is side lighting PLUS alley light features for an unmarked vehicle as there is not really a good option for that right now.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
I think a couple lights to make the vehicle visible are ok (small lightheads). This is just overwhelming, gaudy, unnecessary, and a waste of $$!!! :no:

:twocents:

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Though I like the look of this much more than the HG2 runners, I still don't believe either product could be very effective with how low to the ground the are. I would much rather have something stuck a little higher up, like a TIR3 style light mounted to the B post of the vehicle, as opposed to all of this light on the ground. With saying that, I have never seen one in person, so my opinions are based off of youtube videos alone, which obviously doesn't show the entire picture.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
I am right down the road from the HG2 "plant" and so there are quite a few running around down here. they do have some value. but with their leds it is mostly at night. my favorites are ambulances and rescues where they have such a long bridge length that stuff like this makes a huge difference.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
cbpdogboy said:
You could possibly mount this under a roof rack on an suv...1 per side instead of the two listed in the video...

What do you mean the 2 listed in the video? its a one piece that will be made to different sizes.

picone239

Jul 22, 2010
Paramus, NJ
Zapp Brannigan said:
I think a couple lights to make the vehicle visible are ok (small lightheads). This is just overwhelming, gaudy, unnecessary, and a waste of $$!!! :no:

:twocents:

cbpdogboy said:
You could possibly mount this under a roof rack on an suv

I agree. I can see the value in using it as a traffic advisor when perpendicular to the road, but other than that, I'm not a huge fan.

That being said, I like this a ton better than others with the same concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
picone239 said:
I agree. I can see the value in using it as a traffic advisor when perpendicular to the road, but other than that, I'm not a huge fan..

But what would the propose of a traffic advisor be that low to the ground? 100% ineffective, traffic advisors should be mounted higher up for visibility.

picone239

Jul 22, 2010
Paramus, NJ
Zapp Brannigan said:
But what would the propose of a traffic advisor be that low to the ground? 100% ineffective, traffic advisors should be mounted higher up for visibility.

My fault! I meant to quote cbpdogboy as well about mounting it under a roof rack.

JCLG316

Sep 3, 2010
Reading, Pa
I will say this it is defently hands down brighter in the day compared to the HG2s. I would have to see pricing if I could justify buying it.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
cbpdogboy said:
In the video, there appears to be two sections of 8 modules...

I have been informed it's one alluminum housing with an internal flasher. If produced, it will be cut to specific lengths for specific vehicles.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
I would really like to see them focus their efforts on a lower cost lightbar, another mini-bar with improved lighthead placement, linear technology, and dual color technology. That would impress me. This is nice, but I think that the niche is small and what is on the market is sufficient.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
badge22 said:
I would really like to see them focus their efforts on a lower cost lightbar, another mini-bar with improved lighthead placement, linear technology, and dual color technology. That would impress me. This is nice, but I think that the niche is small and what is on the market is sufficient.

All I can say is this is not the only thing on the table.....

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
badge22 said:

All your requests are actually being looked at and/or will be released in the not too distant future.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
badge22 said:

:goodpost:

:postcount:

runesson

Aug 6, 2011
Northern Europe
Placing lights down there is a waste of money imho! .....maximizing the wear and tear, while minimizing the visibility! There are sooo many better ways for serious emergency responders to invest that hard-earned cash!

Here´s what I would like Feniex to make: new optix to make a 120++ degree SAE-certified lighthead the size and output of the T4! That would be nice: one tiny lighthead that "does it all"!

DJFireUSA

Apr 26, 2011
USA, Florida, NE
I like it in concept.

I would love it if they change the angle of the front and rear most modules so they act as intersections lights so the infamous 45 degree visibility would be improved.

Not sure if an 8 head is needed but I can totally see where white take downs tagged into the vehicle's dome light circuit in addition to operating as alley lights could be an excellent option. Light kicks on automatically when you open the door. (This can be turned off of course.)

Still playing with bench testing of the 57" Avatar bar that just showed up yesterday.

Just got off the phone with Feniex and they do not have any estimate on when the alley bar might hit the market. Still fielding thoughts from folks like us and other service professionals. Also looking at cost analysis.

I will update info when I have it for my install which is not the "normal" setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.