Need Help...2010 Expedition Park Kill

Looking for some assistance...

I am in the finishing stages of the install for one of our Medic chase cars at work. I would like to have the flashing takedowns, HLF, and Opticom cut off when the transmission is placed in park. As noted in the title it is a 2010 Ford Expedition SSV. I have looked all over the web, and haven't been able to find any info on where to pick up the park signal either from the brake interlock or the TCM. Some local shops have suggested a limit switch mounted underneath on the side of the transmission itself, but one of our previous vehicles had one (2002 Tahoe), and it didn't last much more than two Northeast winters. If anyone has any wiring info or any other suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Pete

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
cory y said:
It might be easier for you to go down the A pillar, behind the trim
thast what i was thinken to. if you have enough wire thast what i would cause that what i did with most of my lights i just went down my A pillar.

H.A.

Jun 24, 2010
Michigan
Go under the hood and locate the starter relay. Remember, this only gets power when the vehicle is in park or neutral. Tap into that lead to control your own relay for the lights in which you would like to cut out. Power the relay with that circuit and trigger it with your warning light output.

Forgive my ignorance but could you elaborate on exactly which leg of the relay to tap?

When i meter the relay socket i get full voltage constant on one of the large tabs, nothing on the other large tab. Full voltage during crank only on one of the small tabs, and 1.04 volts on the other small tab regardless of shifter position.

I'm lost...

Thought I had a 12v+ signal off the wiring harness to the brake/park interlock. When I meter the wire by itself, it gives me 12v+ in any position except park. As soon as I hook that trigger wire up to a relay, the reading drops to 1.04v+ on that wire and it will not trip the relay. Anyone have any ideas? I appreciate any input at this point as the chief is waiting to put the truck in service until I figure this out! Thanks!

Pete

In_Excess

Jun 27, 2010
Southern California
TheHealer said:

There is a park wire under the dash, I am kinda drawing a blank on the exact location but it is located almost directly above the steering column to the side closest the console the wire goes into a plug with two or three wires, I believe one of the plugs is gray

Good luck

In_Excess said:
There is a park wire under the dash, I am kinda drawing a blank on the exact location but it is located almost directly above the steering column to the side closest the console the wire goes into a plug with two or three wires, I believe one of the plugs is gray

Good luck

Thought I had a 12v+ signal off the wiring harness to the brake/park interlock. When I meter the wire by itself, it gives me 12v+ in any position except park. As soon as I hook that trigger wire up to a relay, the reading drops to 1.04v+ on that wire and it will not trip the relay.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.