Need Help Identifying Strange Epsilon!

ProPatriaNeverPassAFault

Silver Supporter
I saw a few videos on YouTube of a guy with a Whelen Epsilon EPSL1 that has a ton of extra tones. It even has the Martin Siren tone. He got it from StrobesNMore. Checked there and their EPSL1's only have the standard tones. Is this some strange one-off or a modified unit? I've attached a couple of links as reference.

Demo of all tones. Simulated Mechanical sounds strange in this video. Sounds normal in others.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MobIL0hemvI
Demo of different wails on this model:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FaU3FmD6Ig
Any help would be really appreciated!

Cheers!

PPNPAF

buddek09

Premium Member
One of his other videos he comments StrobesNMore collaborated with Whelen to have this custom siren built and wanted it to have the 23 siren tones like the Gamma 2 has. It was a special product run so not sure how many they had made but once they sold out that was it. StrobesNMore is on this forum and can give more information.

OP
OP
ProPatriaNeverPassAFault

ProPatriaNeverPassAFault

Silver Supporter
Thanks for the info! That makes a lot more sense now. Figured that it was a special run. No doubt they're tricky to find now and pricey as all get out.

Last edited:

Kevin K.

I'm curious about this as well. I checked the install guide for the Gamma2, and it does not show all the siren tones this SNM Epsilon has. Hopefully, Louis will chime in and share details.

Also, I noticed three new tones listed for the Epsilon and several other sirens: B-Wail, B-Yelp and B-Hi/Lo. Anyone have info on these three tones?

OP
OP
ProPatriaNeverPassAFault

ProPatriaNeverPassAFault

Silver Supporter
I'm curious about this as well. I checked the install guide for the Gamma2, and it does not show all the siren tones this SNM Epsilon has. Hopefully, Louis will chime in and share details.

Also, I noticed three new tones listed for the Epsilon and several other sirens: B-Wail, B-Yelp and B-Hi/Lo. Anyone have info on these three tones?
Wondering the same things too, especially about the "B" tones. Listening to the samples of them, they sound almost like they're for UK police vehicles. Sounds like they got rid of the Unitrol-style Alt. Wail/Alt. Yelp. Can't say that I'm over the moon about that.

This Epsilon has some awesome tones. Sounded like it also has a Y225 (in addition to the Y249), Wail 378 p3 and the Wail 850-1700 4s as well as the Martin Horn and a few others.

I'd love to get my hands on one of these. Save me from having to get something pricier to get the tones that I'm looking for.

Last edited:

Kevin K.

Where did you hear the samples of Whelen siren tones? I've searched their website to no avail. I'm very curious about the "B" tones.

Thank you.

OP
OP
ProPatriaNeverPassAFault

ProPatriaNeverPassAFault

Silver Supporter
Where did you hear the samples of Whelen siren tones? I've searched their website to no avail. I'm very curious about the "B" tones.

Thank you.
The new "B" tones are posted on their website. Here's the link:

http://www.whelen.com/auto/sirentones.php

In addition, check out the software for either Carbide or HHS 2200. I'd personally go with the Carbide software. They have previews of all of their tones. Mind you, the previews sound differently than they do from a siren speaker IMO. I still think that the "B" tones sound like they're for UK vehicles, IHMO.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

PPNPAF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member