Need help mounting Whelen Edge lightbar to 2010 F150

ujfdff

Oct 21, 2010
Vermilion
So I purchased a 48 inch whelen edge lightbar on here but didnt come with the gutter mounts. I got the gutter mounts off galls website but now I realized the bolt isnt long enough #1 and #2 the lightbar according to installation diagrams ive looked at on whelens website is missing some parts to be able to mount it!! It has the feet but is missing the anchor plate or any means of attaching to the gutter mount. I just got a brand new 2010 Ford F150 so I was trying to prevent drilling into the roof but it looks like im going to have to... Im not even sure how to do that though... Any help is appreciated...... It is an older Whelen Edge 6 strobe I believe... and my Truck has a moonroof so that may be an issue with a permanent mount

Thanks, Jeremy (vermilion, OH 44089)

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Take a picture of the bar and feet so folks might be able to help you a little better. Whelen has used pretty much the same mounting feet for several years the things that change are the mounts for the gutter and such. DO NOT DRILL you might just need an extrapart that someone on here might have......

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Edge mount feet don't "bolt" to the frame... They sit in the chanel at the bottom of the frame. But the do have a small metal plate about 4" by 1" that sits on the mount feet between the mount feet and the frame. It has 2 set screws that hold the mound feet in place, but IMO it doesn't do that much in the aspect of securing the bar to the food...

ujfdff

Oct 21, 2010
Vermilion
Parts ordered should be here tuesday I'd say... they are only coming from 2 hrs away in southern OH lol... thanks everyone... hoping to god this works this time!!!! haha

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Actually, those type of Tinnerman plates won't work on the feet you have pictured that use 4 pads on each foot. They are only used on the newest style 6 pad mounting foot. You need the original style plate that is square shaped and uses two individual offset pieces with it to snug the foot securely to the frame. I am using the only ones I have on a couple of bars I'm rebuilding, but surely someone here on the board has a spare set. Can anyone help him out???

Last edited by a moderator:

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Check out eBay auction 270714189849 to see detailed pictures of the plates I mentioned above. Those are the actual type you need, and they are the 3 individual gold colored metal pieces positioned inside one of the feet. Also take note that those are 4 pad feet, which are just like yours, so if you can locate all of those specific pieces, they will work as intended in them. There is also a complete set of 4 pad feet for sale in auction number 380324157107. They have a good price and since they are complete, might be better pricewise for you to get instead of trying to locate the plates alone from multiple sources and paying more than they are worth in shipping. Additionally, there are a pair of 6 pad feet in auction number 300401220214 that you can check to see the differences between the 4 pad and 6 pad versions.

Last edited by a moderator:

ujfdff

Oct 21, 2010
Vermilion
All mounted up!!! Pics and vidoes to come soon... looks great!!! Alot of red but still looks good to me... lol. thanks everyone for your help. Just needed the right tinnerman plates for the 4 foot mounting feet and longer bolts and presto!!!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.