need help on my window tint and its effects on my new lights

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
Hello all, I am recently changing my light setup to something new and i have a question about my tint strip. I am going to be changing my front light setup to a Feniex passenger only all blue with the outer pod being a 180 degree pod and the other 3 being 40. I currently have a 5% on there now and when my new windshield goes in, I was gonna have a 25% installed so it isn't that dark. My question is, Will the 25% tint strip effect the light output of the feniex in a severe way? I want the tint strip so people don't see my light in the windshield, They will however see the grill lights. Any help is much appreciated.

crazytaxi1000

Sep 2, 2014
California
If you're going to do tint, i highly recommend going all 40 degree optics. 180's dont punch through tint as well. 25% will effect the light output moderately. It will still be bright and visible, but obviously not as bright as when theres no tint.

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
Ok, since the new windshield went in I’m kinda on the fence on whether or not I wanna put the strip back on. I liked how it looked but I also don’t wanna diminish the output in a severe way.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.