Need Help Quick... GPS Maps...

mfaith91

May 23, 2010
Kentucky
Okay...

We are in the process of prepping for ISO re-ratings... part of that process has been to check every single hydrant in our district, maintenance it, paint them with corresponding NFPA color-code, and then obtain the GPS coordinates for each hydrant.

I remember last year someone was able to put multiple points on a single (Yahoo?/Google?) map applet, and then incorporate it onto a webpage. In my case, I am wanting to do it on a page that we can access internally on our apparatus internet ready laptops, etc.

I cannot find the Google API, and I can't seem to figure out the Yahoo API. Can anybody provide a decent solution that would be stupid proof? I have 185 hydrants to enter for phase one.

Thanks.

Mike

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
If we can catch up on Yahoo Messenger, I can walk you through it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.