Need help wiring lights

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Those lights more than likely will not work how you want them to. They have a built in flasher that is controlling them already. IF they have a steady on pattern, put it on to that and then try your Sho Me flasher. I am doubtful that those lights have a steady on pattern though. If there is no steady on pattern, you will not get them to work with the Sho Me.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I took the time to read the description on those lights. First, I would cycle through the patterns on those lights and see if they have 2-phase patterns. Since they have a sync wire, I would imagine that they do. I would use the built in flasher in the lights instead of using the sho-me flasher. Find a pattern you like, and set the opposite corners to the second phase of the same pattern, and connect your sync wires. If that doesn’t work, the description says that these lights do have a steady pattern. You will need to set all your lights to steady, then hook the power wires up to your flasher. If you wire it this way, do not connect the sync wire.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I took the time to read the description on those lights. First, I would cycle through the patterns on those lights and see if they have 2-phase patterns. Since they have a sync wire, I would imagine that they do. I would use the built in flasher in the lights instead of using the sho-me flasher. Find a pattern you like, and set the opposite corners to the second phase of the same pattern, and connect your sync wires. If that doesn’t work, the description says that these lights do have a steady pattern. You will need to set all your lights to steady, then hook the power wires up to your flasher. If you wire it this way, do not connect the sync wire.
If these $40 chinesium lights have 2 phase patterns I will be impressed. I'm leaning towards it is a mix of terrible split head patterns and standard single phase ones..

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
*points down at signature*

these lights won't interface with anything. They run on their own. Interoperability with cheap LEDs is nonexistent. If they even have a steady on mode I'd be surprised.

zakz879

Nov 15, 2022
New Jersey
does anyone have a recommendation for blue grille lights that work with the sho me flasher or have 2 phase patterns that are also relatively cheap

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I’ve never used any of these Chineseum lights so I really have no idea what works or not. To the OP, if you are looking for cheap, maybe look for some used name brand lights? Idk? How are Code 3 and Feniex these days? Cheap price? Cheap quality?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.