Need help with 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

sarg21

Mar 20, 2011
CT
Hey all, hope this is in the right place. I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, looking for some advice on what people have done for installs including switches/panels and their locations.

Currently I have (but not installed)
5- Whelen ion- blue
1- Whelen ion- amber
2- Whelen t series ion duo- amber/white
1- Whelen tir 6 slimlighter- blue
1 Whelen tir 6 slimlighter- blue/amber
Possibly adding 4 Whelen Linz6- Blue

I work construction so I’d like to keep the amber to the back of the vehicle. Looking for suggestions.

Also if anyone has any amber Whelen products (ion, linz6, etc) in decent condition I’d be open to buying.

Thanks!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Hey all, hope this is in the right place. I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, looking for some advice on what people have done for installs including switches/panels and their locations.

Currently I have (but not installed)
5- Whelen ion- blue
1- Whelen ion- amber
2- Whelen t series ion duo- amber/white
1- Whelen tir 6 slimlighter- blue
1 Whelen tir 6 slimlighter- blue/amber
Possibly adding 4 Whelen Linz6- Blue

I work construction so I’d like to keep the amber to the back of the vehicle. Looking for suggestions.

Also if anyone has any amber Whelen products (ion, linz6, etc) in decent condition I’d be open to buying.

Thanks!

I’m assuming the ions are the surface mount (not universal mounting)??

FRONT:
TIR6 Slimlighter windshield
2 blue ions in grill

SIDE:
2 blue ions in rear side windows

REAR:
2 amber/clear duos on rear bumper
1 amber ion/1 blue ion on rear headliner (or 1 B/A slimlighter centered on rear headliner)

My recommendations were based solely on using what you already have, BUT I highly recommend you getting a dual color 6 head lightstick with independent control of blue and of amber, since the rear is the most important thing for construction. Like me, I see that you’re a Whelen guy, but the most cost effective option here IMHO is a Feniex Fusion 600 40-optics (Blue/amber)

I recommend handheld controllers for jeeps b/c they’re not great for having bulky controls/brains. However, you do have the Feniex mini 4200 (best bang for your buck) and Sho-me make a very small undercover control that you can mount virtually anywhere

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.