Need help with S & W Magnum siren

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
I found this Smith and Wesson Magnum IVa siren.

It's real clean inside and I want to test it out.

Just like the old days, I'm not going in without back-up ;)

S&WSiren.jpg

The wires inside the unit are:

1-white

2-black

3-blue

4-unused

5-yellow

6-black

7-white

8-grey

I'm thinking that 1 is power, 2 is ground, 5 and 6 are speaker ??????

The model is M4A and the p/n is 506.

Please help :D

Pete

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I have the Magnum IVB, which is very similar to what you've got. It has a deep slow rising wail tone somewhat like my late 1960s Federal PA15A and PA20A sirens.

The pins on the back of the Magnum look similar to those on the PA20A. My Magnum IVB has a wiring harness attached to it, and it looks like the wires are in the same location as the PA20A.

For power, try connecting the red (positive) wire to pin 1 and the black (negative) wire to pin 2.

I believe the speaker connections are pins 5 and 6. 7 and 8 would be for a second speaker.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
OK, Wailer, we were right.

1 is power and 2 is ground.

5 and 6 are for speaker.

The only thing I could get is yelp and pa.

The mike is missing the thumb button but I was able to activate

the switch to get pa.

No wail or manual.

I'll just have to trash it.

Pete

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.