Need input on a future install on a 2000 Chevy Suburban

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
I want to install my siren and a switch box in the middle console where the cassette player used to be. I am looking for input on how to do this. Anyone that has done similar mods I would love some advice.
My idea is to gut the inside while leaving the outside trim in tact. I may have to do some cutting. Thinking of using some jotto desk inserts or getting some something I can cut. The last pic is an example of what one guy did with his space.

Any ideas appreciated.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_3386.jpg
    IMG_3386.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 39
  • switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 38
  • jotto.jpg
    jotto.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 40
  • tapatalk_1491787254817.jpeg
    tapatalk_1491787254817.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Any car audio places near you that do custom plastic wORK?

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
If you can get a sheet of star board. And dremel, you could sink some console plates into the star board.... depends on how handy you are. I would pull that whole center console out, put it on the bench. Measure everything 5 or 6 times, try a dry fit an then go to town with the dremel you just need patience and a steady hand

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
Update:

I took the cassette deck and gutted it along with a switch box I had. Moving the switches to the cassette deck housing and with a little mod it will slide right in place.

Still figuring what to do with the siren.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.