Wanted need lp6000 parts ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
needing a red and a blue lp6000 outer dome. Also need a older style siren speaker with cone and a shroud and mount to fit in a LP. Last I need a lp slow rotator. This bar is supposed to have all slow rotators but instead has 2 fast and 2 slow. I have one slow and 22 extra fast rotators in stock just needing one more slow one. Will pay cash or trade good items to get these.

Back story: over the years I have been involved in working on or finding the correct lights for quite a few fan base reproduction of fameous police cars as well as several for prop and tv over the years. I always seem to attract the people with off the wall request (mostly through word of mouth from other customers). Over the years I have sold lights to people recreating Roscoe Sheriff cars, frost buster cars, even helped one fella recreat the lighting package from the movie “the ambulance”.
These people are so passionate about their spot-on creations of the tv shows they grew up watching and idolizing and some of these shows led men and women to choose a profession similar to their youth idols. It brings a piece of us back from our childhoods or younger days.
This is the very reason that my collections never grow and continue to deplete. I even gave up my mars 363 with original GLASS dome in excellent shape to a guy for his Andy car. But the thought of that light being on a Mayberry police car and being seen outweighed the admiration I had of it sitting on a shelf. And I do miss plugging it in and watching it spin once in a while and still have not filled it’s place on the shelf. Same feeling when I got rid of my favorite beacon ray for a car54 repro.
Today I am lucky enough to be building a “heat if the night” tv series bar that will go on the 86 Ltd. although they mostly drove caprices and impalas on the show, the Ltd was seen on earlier shows and was also featured on the beginning of the show during the intro as it drove down Sparta streets with that cool lp6000 flashing as it came up on the train. It looked so cool with that music.
I love this stuff it is a passion not just a way to make money. I do profit from some things in order to stay afloat and find more things to put in the barn until I get a request like this. But it’s never about the money, or at least not for those of us who really enjoy preserving the true meaning of what they represent. So yes some people Don’t see what we see, but for those of us who has stood on a busy highway in the dark cold rain working a wreck, waiting on backup like I and most of us have done in the past, we know that these lights and equipment in general were there to make sure we didn’t end up as a second tragedy to those we were helping at that moment, and were dependable enough that we didn’t have to worry, we’re bright enough that we didn’t have to look and make sure they were still flashing like some of the junk that people are trying to use from China. I worked as a full time emt and fire/ems sometimes I was literally working for a month straight without a break so that’s where I got the bug. I kept my Ppv lit up because we were a small department and those lights helped me save a lot of lives as wel as protect my own. Even now as I am building my own wrecker I will rely on them some. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Last edited:

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
and I am also looking for a set of the round par 36 lights that were in the back window of the heat of the night cars. I believe it was the rubber housed ones? Any help getting the era correct ones will be appreciated.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
I may have the Code3 speaker you're looking for. PM me if you're interested.

As for the Par36 rear deck lights, back in the 80's we used what they called tractor work lights.
We put in the blue bulb and back up officers always said that they saw those before the
lightbar :). These lights are still sold and the style hasn't changed much.

Code3Speaker 001.JPG Code3Speaker 002.JPG

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
Awsome I want it shoot me a price. Still needing a red and a blue dome and some par36 lights

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
Ok awsome. Here is what all I’m needing.
1 regular speed rotator.
1 red dome without alleys or take down holes unless it’s all I can get.
1 blue dome same as red.
And the speaker.
Do you have any lense seperators for a jetstream? Thanks

wiseguys

May 25, 2010
Charlotte, NC
We have what you are looking for the LP. All appear to be NOS except for the speaker. Just let us know your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1865.jpg
    IMG_1865.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1866.jpg
    IMG_1866.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 10

wiseguys

May 25, 2010
Charlotte, NC
On 9/8 we replied to you with pictures but didn’t hear back. Unfortunately the domes have been sold. We do have these other domes that also appear to be NOS available as pictured. Let us know if they will work and we will calculate the total cost including s/h. Thanks, Robert

Attachments

• EF04E9C2-51AC-4ADA-84FA-09EE4729B9E1.jpeg
    EF04E9C2-51AC-4ADA-84FA-09EE4729B9E1.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 6
  • 4A4C26D2-FBF5-410B-858F-664D559562CB.jpeg
    4A4C26D2-FBF5-410B-858F-664D559562CB.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 7
  • C94585F0-E42E-4AC7-ADDD-00BBB7EB7843.jpeg
    C94585F0-E42E-4AC7-ADDD-00BBB7EB7843.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 7

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
That’s weird because I kept replying but it said you had left the conversation. I really need the domes without alleys or take down holes. But how much are those ones? Zip 76233

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
On 9/8 we replied to you with pictures but didn’t hear back. Unfortunately the domes have been sold. We do have these other domes that also appear to be NOS available as pictured. Let us know if they will work and we will calculate the total cost including s/h. Thanks, Robert
Maybe because I was sending pms instead of replying to theead

soutthpaw

May 2, 2018
Sparks, NV
I have clear domes and center speaker grill. I gutted a bar so I probably have all the rotators but would need pics as I dont know what the LP 6000 rotators look like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.