need opinion of AWL Venom Interior Bar

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
I am considering buying an Advanced Warning Lights Venom bar for my F-250 (aluminum cab so no roof-mounted magnetic bar).

Can you guys give me your opinions on this product? This will be used for emergency response in a urban and rural area, moderate traffic. Fire/Rescue, color will be solid red.

thanks as always
-Bob

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Hard, dirty facts for interior bars - if it's not made for your vehicle, it's probably going to be a pain the neck. "Universal" means "with enough work, it'll mostly kinda fit". So if you are okay with doing a LOT of work on the brackets, and sometimes even the frame, it'll be okay.

Output seems fine - it's imported, but that doesn't mean garbage. Price is fairly average for a quality light.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
I don't like them. I don't like the LED style where you see each individual LED, and I don't like how they have gaps in between each module, and I don't like how they're only single color, and I don't like how there's no off-axis. I Ion't like any of the interior bars right now except for the SoundOff nForce. So I'd push that, but it's probably out of your budget. But having dual color R/W is a huge advantage in warning and take down. Plus the wide variety of modes and patterns is a huge bonus. Many others do dual color of course, but for one reason or another I'm not a huge fan.

If I had to pick an economy bar, honestly I'd pick an old Code 3 Supervisor. Always liked those, minus the shit takedowns and mismatched blue colors. Good off axis, good light output, good reliability. But no sync.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I am considering buying an Advanced Warning Lights Venom bar for my F-250 (aluminum cab so no roof-mounted magnetic bar).

Can you guys give me your opinions on this product? This will be used for emergency response in a urban and rural area, moderate traffic. Fire/Rescue, color will be solid red.

thanks as always
-Bob
What year is your F250, what’s your budget, and what’s your tint situation on the headliner?

If your budget is < $200, then I would go with the venom because Tom (AWL) has a stellar reputation for standing behind the products he sells with his customer service.
Universal bars never fit “just right” without custom modification to the brackets or flashback shroud.
If you have a little more money, then I’d go with a vehicle specific lightbar (ie Feniex fusion with super duty bracket).

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
I strongly recommend AWL and the venom bar. As said already Tom is a great person to work with and will help if there is an issue. The venom bar works very well for the price point.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.