Whelen Need some advice[Beginner]

rwananbe

Jun 10, 2024
Minnesota
Hey guys! im doing my first project using visor lights bought from STL right now they are powered off the STL controller but im trying to transfer it to my Whelen Cencom Sapphire! Ive never hooked anything up to the cencom before other than the speaker wires and ignition and power as rn its only functions as a horn everything else i have disabled. My goal is to have it so this connect right up to it and i can program it to an output. Does anyone have any tips on how i should wire this?
wiring diagrams are below thansk!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image_2024-06-20_001115234.png
    image_2024-06-20_001115234.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify Im trying to have takedowns on output 5 flash mode 1 on 4 i guess im mainly confused on where i put the positive cable and or if im doing that right

Upvote 0
The positive cable should be connected directly to 12v power with a fuse or to the NC output on the sapphire. The lightbar will remain in standby mode unless another wire is activated.

Reactions: rwananbe
Upvote 0
The positive cable should be connected directly to 12v power with a fuse or to the NC output on the sapphire. The lightbar will remain in standby mode unless another wire is activated.
it’s got the inline fuse on the positive wire. When I’m connecting them I should hook up the positive wire to the N/C output? Then the buttons I need to the normal outputs?

Upvote 0
It is similar adding a tone. Select the button/switch you want, then click the outputs tab and choose "turn on". Multiple buttons can be programed to activate the same output.

Upvote 0
Ooh.. yea, thats a bit too north for me. I work in Apple Valley. But, if you ever need some help, and wanna make the trek south, Im in the shop Monday -Thursday from 6:00-4:00. I work for a Whelen master distributor.
Sorry that im just responding to this lol I ended up hooking my EPL8000 rear deck to those outputs instead. If your shop has any parts yall gonna throw away from a taurus lmk gettings equipment and stuff has been a struggle lol

Upvote 0
Sorry that im just responding to this lol I ended up hooking my EPL8000 rear deck to those outputs instead. If your shop has any parts yall gonna throw away from a taurus lmk gettings equipment and stuff has been a struggle lol
What do you need? I think that I have some PIS stuff, maybe a console or two. Apple valley PD still has one or two in service that Ill probably be decommissioning in the next year or two.

Upvote 0
im looking for a progard partition
I think that the partitions in those cars are Setina. I might have a Setina partition in the shop. What year is your car? I know with the Setina partition, the B-pillar brackets changed on the newer models. Forgive me though, Ive forgotten most everything that I knew about those cars, its been awhile since Ive done one, and even then, most my departments still used utilities.

Upvote 0
I think that the partitions in those cars are Setina. I might have a Setina partition in the shop. What year is your car? I know with the Setina partition, the B-pillar brackets changed on the newer models. Forgive me though, Ive forgotten most everything that I knew about those cars, its been awhile since Ive done one, and even then, most my departments still used utilities.
2016 I believe I got progard b-pillar brackets installed right now

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNConstable