Need some help with ideas

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
My other half's grandpa has a 67 Plymouth valiant he is restoring and we have Decided to maybe go another route with it. He is a retired fire chief and we are thinking about making it like an old fire chiefs car only problem being it is off white. So I was thinking some red stripes and a twin beacon bar. He already has goldleaf door seals from his old dept. It's not going to be an original restore just making a boring car cool looking for him. Any ideas? Pics please because Idk alot of the old equipment.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I know there's more ideas, but at least it gets the thought juices flowing :) .

Federal Model 11 Twin Beacon Ray (red/red) with CP-25 speaker or appropriate sized Federal mechanical siren in the center

Federal Model 17, 173, 174, 175, or 176 Beacon Ray, red glass or plastic dome.

If using a siren speaker, Federal PA15 or PA20 sirens with ALERT tone, or models PA15A/PA20A sirens, with series numbers ending in A, B, C, or D (deep tones). The Fyr-Fyter Penetrator series also have deep tones as well.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Off-white is OK. Just tell people it was red and faded over all those Florida summers.

RES347CUE

Nov 7, 2010
NASSAU COUNTY N.Y.
crownvic97 said:
i know there's more ideas, but at least it gets the thought juices flowing :) .

Federal model 11 twin beacon ray (red/red) with cp-25 speaker or appropriate sized federal mechanical siren in the center

federal model 17, 173, 174, 175, or 176 beacon ray, red glass or plastic dome.

If using a siren speaker, federal pa15 or pa20 sirens with alert tone, or models pa15a/pa20a sirens, with series numbers ending in a, b, c, or d (deep tones). The fyr-fyter penetrator series also have deep tones as well.

above is a well thought out idea =+1 on this

flahotrod

Aug 1, 2011
Florida
How about something that wasn't seen very much? I'm thinking a Beacon Ray of some configuration that is to your liking, preferably with a tall skirt, flanked by two siren speakers, one on each side.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The saving grace of OSHA compliance is that it makes more room on the roof for blinkies.

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
MtnMan said:
This. OSHA compliant before its time.

View attachment 70061

LOVE the Sirens/Push Bars on the front (in theory). But it looks like the bars don't protrude quite far enough.

Here is a Valiant, a little newer and from Sweden, but I don't think its boring at all!

6444.jpg

AND, a white '67 - - - - - NOT boring whatsoever.

1967-Police-Cruiser.jpg

I'm hoping that you will keep us all informed with updates and photos as you proceed.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Lyle said:
LOVE the Sirens/Push Bars on the front (in theory). But it looks like the bars don't protrude quite far enough.

Here is a Valiant, a little newer and from Sweden, but I don't think its boring at all!

View attachment 70119

AND, a white '67 - - - - - NOT boring whatsoever.

View attachment 70120

I'm hoping that you will keep us all informed with updates and photos as you proceed.

I really like that bottom one. He don't want to spend a whole lot on the project but I think I convinced him to go with a bar over the single beacon he wanted to save from drilling. That bar on the bottom picture is exactly what I pictured in my head just couldn't find on google to show him at the moment.

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
I'm pretty sure that bar is period correct. Someone who knows more than I will confirm or educate............

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
If you want to get the exact set-up as the Plymouth Fury picture, you'll need

Two Tripp Lite RF-6 beacons with red domes

54 inch cross bar with tube-style gutter mount feet

Wide-mouth speaker in 58 watts, either Federal, Tripp Lite, or Atlas.

For a siren, a deep-toned Federal, Powercall, Fyr Fyter, or Sireno console will do the trick.

Or, if you think gathering the above will be a challenge, I'd go for a full Twin Beacon Ray setup with all the correct mounting and siren speaker. You may pay more for one of these, but at least it'll be all together.

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
What about something other than a bar? Federal 175 or Dietz 211 in the center of the roof with lollipop 7 inch flashing lights on each side. Then a fender mounted 66 or other mechanical siren.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
He wanted a single beacon because that's what his department had but he is unsure if he will like this route for the car that's why I suggested a bar. If we went beacon what siren would we use and speaker?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.